I am excited to announce that I joined the Office of Assessment in Carrington 422 as the Director of Assessment on January 2. It has been a whirlwind few weeks.
The Office of Assessment sponsored the first “Showcase on Assessment” on January 23. Each college was represented in the breakout sessions. Materials from selected faculty sessions and video of the keynote presentation are available at http://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/ShowcaseOnAssessmentSpring2013.htm
In future posts, you’ll read more about the the work of the Office of Assessment. Here is what we are currently working on:
- Overseeing the collection of student work submitted for the Quality Initiative Project (http://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/QIP.htm). This is our proposed project for the Higher Learning Commission to assess the public affairs mission at Missouri State. Please consider providing student work/artifacts for the assessment of public affairs. Visit our website to fill out the Intent to Participate Form or to apply as a reviewer in the summer: http://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/QIP.htm
- Working with faculty on General Education proposals, and in the future, work with faculty to report on the proposed assessments.
- HLC, specifically the assessment of Public Affairs as part of the Quality Initiative Project proposed to the HLC.
- General Education assessment—helping faculty, programs, departments, and colleges address assessment
- Working with Assessment Council (http://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/89754.htm)
Keri Franklin, Director of Assessment