On the evening of Monday, Sept. 18, the database server, which houses information for many of our websites, experienced multiple hard drive failures. This type of failure is very extreme and rare.
Computer services enterprise systems group was able to quickly correct the hard drive problems and restore the databases from the latest backup, which occurred at 10 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17. This means that any data changes that occurred between 10 p.m. Sunday night and 8 p.m. Monday night were lost and are not recoverable.
List of websites affected
- Sites that begin with https://ws.missouristate.edu/
- Sites that begin with http://blogs.missouristate.edu/
- Any Web Press or apps.missouristate.edu form that used the Database services management system
- Personal and course website databases
- Any other website that uses AppsDB databases
What to do next
- Re-make any blog posts or database entries for your website from yesterday
- Ask your customers to resubmit their database form submissions from yesterday
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 417-836-5271.