EVENTS THIS WEEK
· Great events this week for Public Affairs Week!
· Study Away Fair occurs this Thursday, September 14 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM in PSU Atrium.
For CNAS 3 Minute Thesis Competition:
Submit your student names to email@example.com by Monday, October 2, after confirming that they can attend the CNAS internal competition from 4:00-5:30 PM on Monday, October 9. Gale will contact the students to schedule the competition times. Each department may submit up to five names. All faculty are invited to the competition in Meyer Library 101.
Two PowerPoint slides – Each student will provide, ahead of time, one PowerPoint slide (name, graduate program and presentation title), plus one slide to accompany their talk (no animation).
Email PowerPoint slides to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 AM on Monday, October 9. Slides will be loaded on the computer in the presentation room in preparation for the afternoon session.
Upon completion of all presentations, the judges will determine who will participate in the MSU competition on Friday, October 20, 5:00 PM in Meyer Library 101. http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm.
- Albert Barreda has been collaborating internationally.
- CNAS and collaborators won for “Innovation by a Team” for the CNAS STEM Career Exploration Expo at the 2017 DOSA Awards on August 30.
- Sustainability released the Welcome Back issue of its newsletter.
- CNAS Committees are meeting this month. Watch the CNAS website for the final list of committee chairs.
- Biology picnic on Sunday, September 10 recognized scholarship winners!
Dare to be a force of Nature (in a good way)!
Check out some of the sustainability projects happening around campus.
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
SEPTEMBER DUE DATES
- Sep 14 – By 5:00 PM, Citizen Scholar nominations due: http://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/96074/181246
- Sep 22 – Assessment Grants for Assessment of Student Learning
- Sep 29 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals must be submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow the dean and admin assistant time to review proposals and prepare agenda
- Sep 29 – Ranked Faculty and Instructor applicants submit dossiers to DHs; External Reviews due to DHs for inclusion in dossier
- Sep 29 – Study Away short-term proposal submissions due for programs departing in March, May, June, July and August 2018
- Sep 30 – Applications for Grad Student thesis/non-thesis funding due to Graduate College in CARR 306
CNAS CALENDAR – 2017
Sep 20 Study Away Fall Faculty Luncheon, 12:30-2:00 PM, PSU 308 – click to RSVP by Fri, Sep 15
Sep 25 State of University Address, 12:15-1:15 PM, PSU Theatre
Sep 26 Armchair University Science Series: Chris Lupfer – “From Allergies to Zika virus, the good and bad of the immune system”, 7 PM, Library Center
Sep 27 Majors Fair, 9:00-3:00
Sep 29 Study Away Short-Term proposals due
Sep 30 NASA Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory, 7:30-10:30 PM
Oct 7 Fall Showcase
Oct 9 CNAS 3M Thesis Competition, 4:00 PM
Oct 12-13 Fall Break – no classes
Oct 20 3-Minute Thesis Competition (3MT) at 5:00 PM in Library 101 (Must win CNAS competition in order to participate!)
Oct 24 Armchair University Science Series: La Toya Kissoon-Charles – “Wetland plants: what are they good for?”, 7 PM, Library Center
Oct 26 Scholarship Reception – Crystal Ballroom in Kentwood Hall, 3:30-4:30
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU