October 17, 2016
SEMINARS THIS WEEK
Movie – PSU Theatre –Tu, Oct 18 – The True Cost (Who pays the price for our clothing?) –sustainability
- Wed, Oct 19 – 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM
All participants must sign up with Gale by noon today!!!
Carrie’s Café – Opens October 20 – Make your reservations today!!!
CAREER EVENTS IN CNAS
- CNAS, Career Center and LLC staff are planning for the CNAS STEM Career Expo on Monday, November 7. There are already over a dozen companies coming to meet with students. Please let your students know about this opportunity.
- Jim Miller, emeritus professor of geology was featured in Spotlight: Redefining history: Determining where time periods actually lie
- APA Missouri is celebrating National Community Planning Month this month. The American Planning Association (APA), Missouri Chapter awarded the 2016 Distinguished Leadership Award for a Professional Planner to Missouri State University Emeritus Faculty, Diane May, AICP. Diane’s 30+ years of providing professional planning services to communities across Missouri through MSU’s Center for Resource Planning & Management and the SW Missouri Council of Governments has helped improve the quality of life for generations of Missourians. Her devotion to higher education has equipped hundreds of individuals across the country with the knowledge and skills necessary to start a career in Planning. Her exemplary dedication to APA and the American Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP) had helped strengthen each organization and has shaped the services that APA Missouri offers today, particularly to students.
Did you know…?
- …that CNAS now has its own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CNASatMSU/ Like us now!
It takes 700 years before a plastic bottle begins to decompose!
Oct 18 Beginning a Career in Data Science, Cheek 102, 2:00 PM
Oct 19 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM – All participants must sign up with Gale by noon on Mon, Oct 17!
Oct 20-21 Building a Secure Water Future: Tri-State Water Coalition meeting, Darr Ag Center
Oct 22 Expand Your Horizons
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
Nov 1 Public Affairs Convocation, 7:00 PM, Hammons Hall
Nov 4 University 3-Minute Thesis Competition, 4-7 PM, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
Nov 7 CNAS STEM Career Discovery Expo (4-6 PM) flyer attached
Nov 30 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, 7-8:00 PM
Dec 16 Fall Commencement, 1:30 PM, JQH Arena
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!