January 17, 2017
- STEM-based education develops students as learners and people in addition to readying them for jobs. Check out this story in Springfield’s news-leader.com website: STEM grows students toward a fully developed future
- Zach Wilson, graduate student in chemistry, was featured in Spotlights for giving a presentation to the American Chemical Society (ACS) this past August in Philadelphia. You can access his presentation through ACS.org.
We use 17 million barrels of oil a year to make disposable plastic water bottles.
Up to 40% of bottled water is actually just tap.
Every day in the US, 85 million plastic bottles are thrown in the trash.
CALENDAR – 2017
Jan 17 Spring Semester Classes Begin Today
Jan 21 Presidential Scholar Interview Day
Feb 18 Discover Engineering Day, 12-3 PM, Plaster Center
Feb 20 Holiday (Presidents’ Day)
Feb 25 Science Olympiad
Feb 26 HL Wine Tasting and Silent Auction, 3-5 PM, Double Tree Hotel
Mar 1 HL Career Fair – presentations and fair
Mar 2 HL Career Fair – interview day
Mar 11-19 Spring Break (no classes)
Mar 25 Spring Showcase
Mar 28-30 Spring Academic Integrity Days
Mar 30 HL Speaker Series, 2:00-3:15, PSU Theatre
Apr 4-7 OSEF Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair
Apr 4-7 Public Affairs Conference
Apr 13-14 Spring Holiday (no classes)
Apr 14 Public Affairs Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Apr 20-21 Collaborative Diversity conference
Apr 28 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day, 2:00 PM, PSU Ballroom
Apr 29 Graduate College IDF
May 12 Study Day
May 13-18 Finals Week
May 19 Spring 2017 Commencement
Jun 2-4 Mid-States Region – Astronomical League (MSRAL) Convention
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU