October 10, 2016
Happy Monday – I’m attending a recruiters fair in Kansas City, MO today with Dr. Razib Iqbal. I am so excited to help recruit students for our outstanding CNAS programs Sunday afternoon and Monday morning! We will be back late on Monday afternoon.
MSU HOMECOMING EVENTS
I would like to invite you to attend one activity next week as the university celebrates Homecoming 2016. At 4:00 PM on Friday, October 14 the Wall of Fame Ceremony will occur in the PSU Ballroom. Larry Banks will be recognized for his many achievements at this ceremony.
The other events are listed in the calendar below or on the MSU calendar of events.
CAREER EVENTS IN CNAS
- All Hospitality Students will be attending the Recruiter’s Fair on October 12-13: missouristate.edu/Recruiters-Fair.htm
- CNAS, Career Center and LLC staff are planning for the CNAS STEM Career Expo on Monday, November 7. There are already over a dozen companies coming to meet with students. Please let you students know about this opportunity.
- Three GGP/OEWRI students presented at the 2016 Binghamton Geomorphology Symposium last month: read blog
- Alicia Mathis and her research group were featured in the Springfield News-Leader. Click for article Young Achievers.
Don’t be a drip – turn off (water faucets) every time!
Movie that you might enjoy – PSU Theatre –October 18 – The True Cost (Who pays the price for our clothing?) –sustainability
Oct 12-13 Hospitality Leadership Recruiters’ Fair
Oct 13 Scholarship Reception (3 PM) and Emeritus Dinner (5:30 PM)
Oct 14 Advisory Board Meetings for many CNAS Departments
Oct 14 BOG meetings
Oct 14 Wall of Fame ceremony, 4 PM, PSU Ballroom
Oct 15 Homecoming 2016!
Oct 19 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM – All participants must sign up with Gale by noon on Mon, Oct 17!
University 3MT Competition is Nov 4, 2016 from 4-7 PM in the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center.
Click http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm for more details.
Oct 20 CNAS Leadership Team meeting, 2:00-3:30 PM, Temple 156
Oct 20-21 Building a Secure Water Future: Tri-State Water Coalition meeting, Darr Ag Center
Oct 22 Expand Your Horizons
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
Nov 1 Public Affairs Convocation, 7:00 PM, Hammons Hall
Nov 4 University 3-Minute Thesis Competition, 4-7 PM, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
Nov 7 CNAS STEM Career Discovery Expo (4-6 PM) flyer attached
Nov 30 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, 7-8:00 PM
Dec 16 Fall Commencement, 1:30 PM, JQH Arena
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!