Today – CNAS STEM Career Expo –4:00-6:00 PM, PSU Grand Ballroom 3rd Floor – All CNAS students and faculty are invited to attend.
Geography Awareness Week – All seminars are in Temple 345 (click for times)
- 4:30 pm – Mon, Nov 7 – Geographers Doing Geography in National Parks and Protected Areas Around the Globe
- 3:30 pm – Tue, Nov 8 – Sea Turtles and Sustainable Tourism
- 4:30 pm – Wed, Nov 9 – Drone-based Remote Sensing Systems and Virtual Reality Platform
- 3:30 pm – Thu, Nov 10 – The World That Memory Made: Parks, Plantations, and Battlefields
- Wed, Nov 9 – Chemistry seminar by Dr. Mark Arnold, University of Iowa – 3:30-4:30, Meyer Library 101
Did you know…?
- … that CNAS has its own Twitter account: @CNASatMSU
- …that CNAS has its own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CNASatMSU/
CNAS students received awards at the Arkansas INBRE conference (INBRE = Idea Network of Biomedical Research Excellence). Participants were from 28 different academic institutions. Read the blog on the CNAS website.
- (1) John Short (MSU Biology Dept; Authors: John Short and Dr. Kyoungtae Kim): Biological Sciences division, poster, 1st place – – Subcellular Targeting and Physiological Significance of Dynamin-like Protein, Vps1.
- (2) Angeline Rodriguez (MSU Biology Dept; Authors: Angeline Rodriguez, Abbi Mabary, Andrea Taylor, Hannah Ingram, and Dr. Christopher Lupfer): Biological Sciences, poster, Honorable Mention – – Improving Inflammation in Viral Bacterial Coinfection by Il-1β Regulation.
- (3) Jesse Underwood (MSU Dept of Physics, Astronomy and Materials Science; Authors: Jesse Underwood, Dayton G. Kizzire, J. Thomas, R. Sakidja, and R.A. Mayanovic): Physics division, oral, 1st place – – Molecular Dynamics Simulations of the Mechanical and Structural Prosperities of Silica and Aluminosilica Mesoporous Materials.
PAPER: If you can rip it, you can recycle it. paper-rip-it
Nov 7 CNAS STEM Career Discovery Expo (4-6 PM) flyer attached
Nov 30 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, 7-8:00 PM
Dec 16 Fall Commencement, 1:30 PM, JQH Arena (CNAS Grad Reception at 11:30, details to follow)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow the dean on Twitter: @TSJahnke
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Follow CNAS on Facebook: CNASatMSU
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!