October 24, 2016
SEMINARS THIS WEEK
- Oct 26 Chemistry seminar with speaker Dr. Monica Kinde, 3:30-4:30 PM, Meyer Library 101
- Oct 28 Biology seminar with speaker Sean Doody – Paradise Poisoned, 4:00-5:00 PM, Temple Lecture Hall 003
STEM Lecture at Library Center –Wed, Oct 26, from 7-8 PM, Dr. Peter Plavchan
“The Golden Age of Exoplanet Discovery.” Dr. Peter Plavchan from Missouri State University’s Department of Physics, Astronomy and Materials Science will discuss recent advances in the discovery of exoplanets and what these discoveries have taught us about our universe, along with current exoplanet research projects at MSU.
PROGRAMS NEXT WEEK
- Public Affairs Convocation – Tuesday, November 1, 7:00 PM, Hammons Hall – Sonia Nazario discusses her book Enrique’s Journey.
- 3-Minute Thesis Competition for MSU, Friday, November 4, 4:00-7:00 PM, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
- CNAS STEM Career Expo – Monday, November 7, 4:00-6:00 PM, PSU Grand Ballroom 3rd Floor
- Office of University Communications has launched a new Expert Sources Directory to help connect easier and quicker with experts on campus who can comment on stories and find out about groundbreaking research. Read the blog: New expert guide facilitates connection with faculty
- Two CNAS students presented at annual national meeting of Geological Society of America in Denver, Colorado last month. Read the blog.
- The School of Pharmacy at Missouri State was featured on KOLR10. Vaccination rates on campus are below target rates. Watch the feature and learn more about flu vaccination efforts on campus.
- Day Ligon is featured in Mind’s Eye online: A turtle’s tale of survival
Did you know…?
- …that CNAS now has its own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CNASatMSU/ Like us now!
Be the catalyst for change.
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
Oct 26 Chemistry seminar with speaker Dr. Monica Kinde, 3:30-4:30 PM, Meyer Library 101
Oct 28 Biology seminar with speaker Sean Doody – Paradise Poisoned, 4-5 PM, Temple 003
Nov 1 Public Affairs Convocation, 7:00 PM, Hammons Hall
Nov 4 University 3-Minute Thesis Competition, 4-7 PM, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
Nov 5 CSC hosts ACM Programming contest
Nov 7 CNAS STEM Career Discovery Expo (4-6 PM) flyer attached
Nov 30 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, 7-8:00 PM
Dec 16 Fall Commencement, 1:30 PM, JQH Arena (CNAS Grad Reception at 11:30, details to follow)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
- Follow on Facebook: CNASatMSU
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!