September 26, 2016
Today is the State of the University Address, 12:15 PM, PSU Theatre
Wednesday, September 28 is Majors Fair. Come see what CNAS has to offer!
FALL SEMINARS – Check the CNAS calendar on the homepage!
- Today at 3:00 PM in Cheek 175 – Mathematics Seminar: Astrostatistics
- Thursday at 4:00 PM in Kemper 206 – Research Seminar: Advanced Electron Microscopy
Switching off your computer at night will save enough energy in a year to make 35k cups of coffee!
Academic Program Review – This year the departments of chemistry and mathematics are working on self-study documents which are due May 2017.
- GGP External Reviews will be on campus October 23-25, 2016.
- PAMS External Reviewers will be on campus November 6-8, 2016.
Check the Academic Work Calendar for upcoming deadlines!
Sep 27-29 Fall Academic Integrity Days
Sep 28 Majors Fair
Sep 28 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Paul Schweiger, 7-8 PM
Sep 30 Fall Faculty Research Grant proposals due!
Oct 12-13 Hospitality Leadership Recruiters’ Fair
Oct 13 Scholarship Reception (3 PM) and Emeritus Dinner (5:30 PM)
Oct 14 Advisory Board Meetings for many CNAS Departments
Oct 14 BOG meetings
Oct 14 Wall of Fame ceremony, 4 PM, PSU Ballroom
Oct 15 Homecoming 2016!
Oct 19 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM – All participants must sign up with Gale Lininger by noon on Monday, October 17!
University 3MT Competition is November 4, 2016 from 4-7 PM in the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center.
Click http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm for more details.
Oct 20-21 Building a Secure Water Future: Tri-State Water Resource Coalition, Darr Ag Center
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!