October 3, 2016
CAREER EVENTS IN CNAS
- All CNAS Faculty and STEM Seniors are invited to a seminar on Tuesday, October 4 at 3:30 PM in Library 101. Learn about Career Resources from Mr. Gary Stafford, Career Resource Specialist!
- All Hospitality Students will be attending the Recruiter’s Fair on October 12-13.
- CNAS, Career Center and LLC staff are planning for the CNAS STEM Career Expo on Monday, November 7. There are already over a dozen companies coming to meet with students. Tell your students know about this opportunity.
Two movies that you might enjoy – PSU Theatre
- October 8 – Before the Flood (climate change documentary) – from Dept of Media, Journalism and Film
- October 18 – The True Cost (Who pays the price for our clothing?) – visit the sustainability website
- Razib Iqbal: Congratulations for A Selective Intra-Coding Approach for Multiple Description Video Coding being accepted as a FULL PAPER for ORAL presentation at the 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2016) in Dec!
ICYMI (in case you missed it…)
- Alicia Mathis, department head of biology, is featured in Mind’s Eye and Inside Missouri State: She studies swimming and scampering species
Sustainable agriculture involves food production methods that are healthy, do not harm the environment, respect workers, are humane to animals, provide fair wages to farmers, and support farming communities.
Oct 12-13 Hospitality Leadership Recruiters’ Fair
Oct 13 Scholarship Reception (3 PM) and Emeritus Dinner (5:30 PM)
Oct 14 Advisory Board Meetings for many CNAS Departments
Oct 14 BOG meetings
Oct 14 Wall of Fame ceremony, 4 PM, PSU Ballroom
Oct 15 Homecoming 2016!
Oct 19 3 Minute Thesis CNAS Competition, Temple 156, 3:00 PM – All participants must sign up with Gale by noon on Mon, Oct 17!
University 3MT Competition is Nov 4, 2016 from 4-7 PM in the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center.
Click http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm for more details.
Oct 20-21 Building a Secure Water Future: Tri-State Water Coalition meeting, Darr Ag Center
Oct 26 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Peter Plavchan, 7-8 PM
Nov 1 Public Affairs Convocation, 7:00 PM, Hammons Hall
Nov 4 University 3-Minute Thesis Competition, 4-7 PM, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
Nov 7 CNAS STEM Career Discovery Expo (4-6 PM) flyer attached
Nov 30 STEM Lecture at Library Center – Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, 7-8:00 PM
Dec 16 Fall Commencement, 4:00 PM
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow on Twitter: @TSJahnke
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!