We are counting down the days until Family Weekend, September 12-14, 2014. There are many activities for you and your family to participate in while you are on campus. One such event, “The Library – Past, Present and Future” Family Event presented by Family Weekend partner Duane G. Meyer Library is today’s spotlight event.
The Meyer Library and Flat Boomer are excited to welcome you and your family to Family Weekend and to the library. The staff has planned many activities that will entertain, engage and educate you on all the library has to offer to you and your student. The activities are as follows:
Library & TRiO
- Self-guided tour of the Library with a specially designed map of the building
- Special Collections, 3rd Level – Library history display with pictures and Ozarko year books
- CRC, 2nd Level – Storytellers
- Maps, Lower Level – Pinpoint where you’re from
- Music and Media, Lower Level – Music
- Carillon Bell Tower 2nd and 3rd Level entry – tours of the Jane A. Meyer Carillon, the tallest carillon in the Midwest. Lear more about the Carillon Bell Tower here.
- Administration Display, 1st Level – Long range plan for the library
- Activities, Lobby area – Big Jenga; Paint your library with paint markers and chalk; make your own button
- Refreshments, Lobby area – Fresh popcorn; organic lemonade
- Ask Us Any Question, 2nd Level – Reference Librarian will be available to answer any question in a booth hosted by Computer Services
- Drawings for gift certificates and coupons: Andy’s Frozen Custard, Gillardi’s restaurant, Grad School, Aviary Café & Creperie, Bistro grocery store, Mexican Villa, Trolley’s, Regal Movie Theatre, limited edition “Flat Boomer at the Library” jigsaw puzzles (pictured above).
- 1st Level – Front desk person to answer questions and hand out item
- 2nd Level – Sandwich boards, display table with pamphlets
- 2nd Level – digital art coloring pages; message to Boomer shared on social media
Visit the Family Weekend 2014 page to find out more information and register. If you have questions, please contact Priscilla Childress at email@example.com or at (417) 836-3060. We look forward to seeing you on September 12th.