…And the time is right for Summer financial aid!
You may be eligible for financial aid if any of the following apply:
- You have not received your entire yearly loans
- You have not received your entire yearly Pell Grant (if eligible for Pell)
- You were enrolled less than full-time one semester, or withdrew
- After the Spring semester you will have passed the 30 earned credit-hours or the 60 earned credit-hours mark
- You are a new college student this Summer
How it works…
Once you are enrolled for the Summer term and are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress we will automatically review your eligibility. If you are offered additional financial aid you will receive an email, and the changes can be viewed on your My.MissouriState account. You will need to accept or decline your loans there.
And nope, don’t worry about filing an Adjustment to Direct Loan Request form unless you declined ALL of your loans this year.
What not to expect…
- State grants and scholarships like Access Missouri & Bright Flight
- MSU scholarships like the Dean’s Scholarship or Multicultural Leadership Award
What you can expect if you are eligible…
- Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans
- Federal Pell Grant
Be patient. There are lots of other students taking summer classes too. If you think you are eligible for Summer financial aid but haven’t received an award by June 1st, call us or send an email to FinancialAid@MissouriState.edu.