My time as an Honors College staff member!

For the past year, I have been happily serving as the Graduate Assistant for the Honors College. Before I started, I was a little nervous about all of the duties the position entailed, but as time went on I became comfortable and confident in my abilities.

I have been responsible for managing LOGOS: A Journal of Undergraduate Research and ensuring that the Student Editorial Board stayed on schedule for the upcoming issue. I also served as an advisor to all Honors College students, but have met mainly with undecided freshmen and sophomores to discuss their interests and class schedules. Additionally, I have been revising and maintaining both the Honors College and Fellowships Office web sites, among other behind-the-scenes tasks.

I have honestly enjoyed this opportunity of working for and with the Honors College to better the experience that it provides for students at MSU. I have learned a lot and have been able to help with many different tasks that have given me hands-on experience for the fields that I am planning on entering. I will most definitely take what I have learned from the Honors College (during my time as a student and as a staff member) and apply it in my future endeavors.

I would like to thank everyone who helped to make my time as the Honors College GA a very wonderful experience. I wish all of the students, staff, and faculty that are a part of the Honors College the best of luck in the future, and look forward to seeing the program grow and develop under its current leadership.

This entry was posted in Honors College and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to My time as an Honors College staff member!