Missouri State University has developed a rich heritage of outstanding faculty and staff who have contributed much to the success of our University. The Wall of Fame, located outside the Ballroom in the Plaster Student Union, is a designated location for the University to recognize and honor employees who have excelled at Missouri State and significantly contributed to the success and positive collegiate experience of students. While Missouri State University has had many outstanding employees during its long history, the intention of the Wall of Fame is to recognize those faculty and staff members who have had an impact on students that is considered truly noteworthy.
Nominations are now being accepted for next year’s honorees. I encourage you to nominate former Missouri State University employees who you believe should be recognized with this honor. Nominations will be accepted until March 10, 2014. A selection committee composed of students, faculty, staff, and administrators will recommend recipients to the Missouri State University Board of Governors at the Board’s May 2014 meeting. A reception and installation of honoree recognition plaques will take place on October 17, 2014. Individuals selected for this honor will be based on the following criteria.
- Full-time employment with the University for a minimum of 10 years at any time in university history.
- Service that has resulted in meaningful change at Missouri State University.
- Individuals known and respected by various segments of the community.
- Continuous demonstration of character and integrity.
- Impact on students.
- Five years must have passed since the individual was last employed full time at Missouri State.
- Individuals who have been honored by naming of a facility (other than donors) and Bronze Bear recipients will not be eligible for the Wall of Fame.
- There will be a limit of six individuals selected for this honor. No more than four candidates shall be selected from either faculty or staff nominees.
Inclusion on the Wall of Fame is one of the highest honors a faculty and staff member can receive from Missouri State University. Please take a moment to nominate someone you believe matches the criteria listed and who has made a difference in the lives of our students. Remember, the deadline for nominations is March 10, 2014. For your convenience, following is the link to the online nomination form. http://alumni.missouristate.edu/Nominationform.htm