Honors: Meet your RA!

Honors Community

Honors communities create an environment that is welcoming for students with a wide range of academic interests: from the sciences, to writing, to music, to business, and more.  If you choose to live in an honors community, you will be surrounded by peers who share similar ambitions to excel in the classroom, across campus, and in the community. Residents will deepen their experience in the Honors College through regular contact with faculty and staff members inside and outside the classroom and will have the opportunity to participate in unique learning programs. In our experience, honors communities are amongst the most social and fun communities on campus.  Come find out what all of the excitement is about!This LLC is offered to undergraduate students admitted to the Honors College. In addition to all rooms of Scholars House, you will find Honors only floors in Hutchens and Wells Houses! Are you ready to get connected? Honors LLC is more than a residence hall for members of the Honors College, it is a home where students can enjoy an exclusive, academically enriching, and close-knit community among their peers.
Jacob Blankenship
Jacob Blankenship

Jacob Blankenship

Year: Senior

Major: Chemistry/Biochemistry

I am an Honors student myself and I am very much looking forward to working with other Honors students. Additionally, I am excited about the unique passion for learning found in many Honors communities. I look forward to my thriving community of Scholars.

Fun fact: I love to run. I’ve ran somewhere between 10-12 half marathons, and countless shorter races. At some point, I would like to try a marathon at least once in my life.

Richard Heuermann, Jr.
Richard Heuermann, Jr.

Richard Heuermann, Jr.

Year: Junior

Major: Nursing

As a fellow member of the Honors College, I look forward to working with the Honors LLC in my second year as a resident assistant in Scholars House.  My number one goal for the year is to facilitate personal, academic, and social development for everyone in the Honors Community.  Missouri State has a lot to offer, and I cannot wait to guide the Honors Community on a path of success and purpose.  From personal experience, Scholars House has the best dynamic on campus.  Living and interacting with Honors students on a daily basis brings the best out of everyone, and I am thankful to be a part of it.

Fun fact: For some reason, I enjoy doing things that I cannot do well, such as playing guitar or tennis.

Alvin Lan
Alvin Lan

Alvin Lan

Year: Senior

Major: Exercise and Movement Science

I am pumped about being able to work with the honors community because we all want to strive for the best and work hard in school. We care about our grades and desire success in school and in life. It is the best to work with honors students because there is nothing that can really pin them down. There are a wide variety of minds. From creativity to analytical, honors students is the cream of the crop. I am proud of all my residents not only for their academic achievement but also for their character. They are outstanding citizens that care for others and work toward making the world a better place. Most are willing to try new things, embrace new cultures, and constantly improving and making themselves better.

Fun Fact: I took a gap year abroad to Germany. I can speak 3 languages. I enjoy playing sports and working out.

Selah Snowden
Selah Snowden

Selah Snowden

Year: Sophomore

Major: BFA with an emphasis in Digital Art

I am a member of the Honors College and I look forward to meeting my residents. It is exciting to be living with my peers who strive for top academic achievements at Missouri State.

Fun Fact: I grew up playing video games and I want to create concept art for them after college.

Erin Unverferth
Erin Unverferth

Erin Unverferth

Year: Sophomore

Major: Early Childhood Education

I am excited to work with students who are highly motivated and dedicated to academics while creating a fun social environment among a group of students with similar goals.

Fun fact about you: Although I am only 19, I have been to the Smoky Mountain National Park 22 times.

Emily Ziehmer
Emily Ziehmer

Emily Ziehmer

Year: Junior

Major: Speech-Language Pathology

I am a member of the Honors College myself! I am eager to work with this community to show that the Honors College students are able to earn phenomenal grades while still enjoying the college life!

Fun fact: I travel North America hunting with my dad! This summer was to Florida for alligators, while two summers ago was to Canada for a black bear!

Read More About Honors

This entry was posted in Honors, July 2015, LLC. Bookmark the permalink.