- What: A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). A short, not-for-credit, online course for free. Open to the public – participants do not have to be a registered Missouri State student.
- When: Starts October 19, 2015: runs for eight weeks. Participants can enroll in the course at any point during the eight weeks.
- Where: Enroll now through the Canvas Network.
- Contact person: Lacey Geiger, Open Course Coordinator, at (417) 836-8803 or LaceyGeiger@MissouriState.edu
Share your story!
We want to hear about your experience! We encourage you to join the online conversation leading up to and during the course by posting on Facebook or Twitter and tagging your photos with the official course hashtag #MOCivilWar
Connect with us through our Facebook page!
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the course hashtag #MOCivilWar
- Whenever possible tag Missouri State Outreach or @missouristate
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- As you participate in the MOOC, consider sharing a quote about your experience.
- Brand your Facebook profile with the cover photo below:
- Use the customized Facebook sharing photo provided below:
Sample Facebook post
- FREE online course begins October 19, 2015! www.MissouriState.edu/MOCivilWar
- Enroll now in this FREE, not-for-credit, online course describing internal conflicts Missouri suffered during the Civil War era. www.MissouriState.edu/MOCivilWar
- For your Twitter account cover photo:
- To use as a sharing photo:
- Discover tensions in Missouri during the Civil War era with this free, not-for-credit, online course!
- Free, not-for-credit, online course about Missouri during the Civil War era! www.MissouriState.edu/MOCivilWar
- Author Dr. Jeremy Neely, describes the tensions of a divided state! www.MissouriState.edu/MOCivilWar