The start of a new semester is a great time to emphasize your student organizations, helping your students connect to resources and opportunities within your unit. From departmental clubs to honors organizations, take time this month to highlight your area’s extracurricular activities.
Whether you want to develop your professional skills or become more involved in your major, the XX department supports a variety of research, academic and professional opportunities.
Network with your peers and build relationships within the department by joining one of our student organizations:
- List organizations with links to websites, contact information, etc.
Apply your classes to real-life situations and gain valuable professional experience by taking a service-learning course:
- List service-learning options
Study away trips and special research projects can also be included in your round-up of involvement opportunities.
Expand your blog post’s reach by sharing it on social media.
Sharing your blog post on Twitter involves four steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Write a catchy description of your post. Your post title is a great place to start.
- Copy the URL of your post. Watch your character count!
- Click Tweet when done.
Posting on Facebook
Sharing your post on Facebook allows for a little more customization.
- Navigate to the page you want to share the post from.
- Copy and paste the blog post’s URL into the Status box.
- Customize any of the fields that automatically show up once you have pasted in the URL.
- Remove the blog’s URL from where you originally pasted it. Don’t worry – a link to the post is saved in the custom boxes.
- Type a teaser description in the status box.
- Click post.
Points of pride
Your blog is a fantastic way to showcase the points of pride for your department – the things that make you great! For January, consider highlighting:
- How your student organizations have volunteer in the community
- Student groups that have raised money for charity
- Awards won by student organizations
Some important upcoming dates to share with your readers include: