Over the past year, the Missouri State Master Planning Committee has collaborated with stakeholders throughout campus to develop the newest edition of the university’s Visioning Guide. This guide assists the Board of Governors and administration in determining the best way to support the future facilities growth of the university. You can view the newest edition of the guide on the planning, design and construction webpage.
Guide outlines current, future construction plans
The guide separates projects into three categories: underway, planned and potential future projects.
This section includes three of the projects I described in last week’s Clif’s Notes along with the work underway in Meyer Library and the Professional Building.
This section includes projects for which plans are in place to identify and secure funding and begin construction. Planned projects include:
- Hill Hall – Planned renovations will modernize and improve access to the building. Work will include electrical and mechanical systems upgrades and improvements to lab, office and classroom space.
- New Residence Hall – Missouri State University is evaluating whether to build a new residence hall as a result of robust enrollment growth in the last five years.
- Greenwood Laboratory School – Provided that secure funding can be identified, the university plans to add a multi-purpose addition to the southeast corner of Greenwood Laboratory School.
- Plaster Center – The university plans to build out approximately 30,000 square feet of space in the Robert W. Plaster Center for Free Enterprise to accommodate the expansion of the cooperative engineering program.
Potential future projects
These are projects that the university is mindful of and would begin to develop plans to construct as resources allow and funding is identified. Possible future projects include:
- Alumni Events Center
- Carrington Hall renovation
- Cheek Hall renovation
- Craig Hall (Scene Shop)
- Electronic Arts Building
- Indoor Practice Facility
- Intermodal Transfer Station/third parking garage
- Jordan Valley Innovation Center expansion
- Kemper Hall and Kings Street Annex renovations
- Lot 24 Ramp (under Grand Street)
- McDonald Hall renovation
- Multicultural Center
- Ozarks Science Center
- Plaster Student Union expansion
- Temple Hall renovation/expansion
- Tent Theatre Pavilion
- Theatre and Dance Building
- Welcome Center (new bookstore) expansion
Changes for West Plains
While the visioning guide addresses only projects on the Springfield campus, I would be remiss if I did not also mention an important project that will soon be underway on the West Plains campus—Hass-Darr Hall. This project will renovate the building on the West Plains campus currently leased to the United States Postal Service to add academic space, space for student services and a student union for the campus. Construction is scheduled to begin spring 2017 with targeted completion in spring 2018.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
Send Comments to the President's Office