Each year we set goals for the University to achieve. This year the goals include planning for the next five years.
Goals include strategic planning for 2016-21
Before the start of the fall semester the Board approved the University’s Nine Major Goals for 2015-2016. You’ll note that this year’s goals follow the same basic format as last year’s goals. Our focus this year will be to build on the initiatives and programs we’ve established in the last few years as we chart a course for moving the University forward.
One major heading was added to this year’s goals—Strategic Planning. 2015-2016 will be a planning year. We will develop a report on the University’s progress under the existing long range plan. We will complete the visioning project and develop a new long range plan, both of which I have highlighted in prior Clif’s Notes. We will evaluate opportunities to improve the University’s mission statement and develop a visioning guide that supports the University’s new long range plan. We will also create and grow a reserve fund for strategic initiatives.
Highlights of 2015-16 goals
Several other initiatives and programs are highlighted in this year’s goals, including
- Continue to improve compensation for faculty and staff by providing a cost-of-living raise, continuing the third year of the Full Professor Salary Incentive Program, and implementing programs to target other high-performing and underpaid employee groups for additional compensation.
- Begin construction and renovation of Glass Hall, Ellis Hall, the West Plains life safety improvements and the Sunvilla West FEMA safe room.
- Develop a primary care clinic on campus in collaboration with Mercy.
- Provide services and opportunities for underrepresented individuals through initiatives funded by the Springfield Project 2025 (Lumina Foundation grant).
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive rebranding creative campaign.
- Create an online option for the Bachelor of Science in psychology program.
- Implement a target of at least 80 percent of ADPs including a goal related to diversity.
- Establish an employee resource group for young professional staff.
I look forward to working with you to achieve the University’s goals in the coming months.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!