As the budget recommendations for fiscal year 2014, the overarching goals for all committees, and ultimately the Executive Budget Committee, are:
- Create a pool of resources to fund an across-the-board salary increase for faculty and staff while continuing to create reserves to fund new initiatives and to provide additional funds for repairs and maintenance of University buildings.
- Continue to develop plans that will incentivize and reward colleges and other units to increase enrollments and revenues, without compromising academic quality, with such plans to be implemented in the fiscal year 2014 budget.
Fiscal year 2014 budget assumptions
The base assumption is the tuition/fee increase allowed under SB389 of 1.7% will provide sufficient revenue to absorb increased costs for new Brick City leases, faculty promotions and a fringe rate increase for MOSERS offset by anticipated medical plan contract cost reductions.
State appropriations — The Governor has proposed a 4.3% increase ($3,335,974). The state appropriation increase may change as it works its way through the legislature. We will know more during April and May as the House and Senate present their budgets.
Enrollment — currently same as FY2011. This will be reevaluated as final FY2013 enrollment numbers and associated tuition revenue are known.
The Executive Budget Committee is evaluating a plan where 80% of any increase in state appropriations for FY2014 would be allocated to an employee raise and the remaining 20% for program expansion and additional funding for repairs and maintenance of university buildings.
- Workforce development partnerships need state funds delivered - January 28, 2015
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 27, 2015 - January 27, 2015
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 20, 2015 - January 20, 2015
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 13, 2015 - January 13, 2015
- Clif’s Notes Vol. 4, No. 7 - December 17, 2014
- President Smart shares wisdom with new graduates - December 16, 2014
- Clif’s Notes Vol. 4, No. 6 - December 2, 2014
- Respect the marketplace of ideas - November 7, 2014
- Diversity a goal for university - October 28, 2014
- Clif’s Notes Vol. 4, No. 5 - October 24, 2014