As the budget recommendations for fiscal year 2014, the overarching goals for all committees, and ultimately the Executive Budget Committee, are:
- Create a pool of resources to fund an across-the-board salary increase for faculty and staff while continuing to create reserves to fund new initiatives and to provide additional funds for repairs and maintenance of University buildings.
- Continue to develop plans that will incentivize and reward colleges and other units to increase enrollments and revenues, without compromising academic quality, with such plans to be implemented in the fiscal year 2014 budget.
Fiscal year 2014 budget assumptions
The base assumption is the tuition/fee increase allowed under SB389 of 1.7% will provide sufficient revenue to absorb increased costs for new Brick City leases, faculty promotions and a fringe rate increase for MOSERS offset by anticipated medical plan contract cost reductions.
State appropriations — The Governor has proposed a 4.3% increase ($3,335,974). The state appropriation increase may change as it works its way through the legislature. We will know more during April and May as the House and Senate present their budgets.
Enrollment — currently same as FY2011. This will be reevaluated as final FY2013 enrollment numbers and associated tuition revenue are known.
The Executive Budget Committee is evaluating a plan where 80% of any increase in state appropriations for FY2014 would be allocated to an employee raise and the remaining 20% for program expansion and additional funding for repairs and maintenance of university buildings.
- Clif’s Notes for June 20, 2017 - June 20, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for June 13, 2017 - June 13, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for June 6, 2017 - June 6, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for May 30, 2017 - May 30, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for May 23, 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for May 16, 2017 - May 16, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for May 9, 2017 - May 9, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for May 2, 2017 - May 2, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for April 25, 2017 - April 25, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for April 18, 2017 - April 18, 2017