End of Semester Information

In This Issue

Letter from the Department

The semester is beginning to wind down and it is time to prepare for Winter Break!  We hope you have enjoyed your time on campus this semester and that you are looking forward to another semester in the residence halls.

Because Winter Break is just around the corner, several preparations are needed to make the semester transition go smoothly.  Please take a couple of minutes to read this End of Semester Blog for important information.

If you have questions regarding your Student Housing Contract or any other matter, please allow the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services to help you.  Best wishes for the remainder of the semester and with final exams!

Sincerely,
Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services

Important Dates to Remember:

November 21-25:        Thanksgiving Break; Residence Halls and Dining Centers are open

December 8-13:           Final Exam Period

December 15:               Residence Halls Blair-Shannon, Freddy, Kentwood, Wells, and Woods close at 8:00 a.m.;

Dining Centers are closed

Dec 21-Jan 2:               Offices Closed

January 12:                  Residence Halls open at 8:00 a.m.

January 13:                  Meal plans begin with brunch

Winter Break Housing

The following residence halls will be closed from 8:00 a.m. Saturday, December 15th until 8:00 a.m. Saturday, January 12th:  Blair-Shannon House, Freudenberger House, Kentwood Hall, Wells House, and Woods House.  If you need accommodations during this time, Winter Break housing will be available at the University Plaza Hotel at the special rate of $45/night plus tax.  The rate includes breakfast daily and is offered to Missouri State residence hall students only.  Please contact the University Plaza at 417-864-7333 to reserve your space.  Spaces are limited and will be available first-come, first-served.

In order to take advantage of the special rate, be sure to say that you are a Missouri State student in need of Winter Break housing.  All charges must be paid directly to the University Plaza and cannot be billed to your student account.

If you would like to share a room with another student and split the rate, you need to make arrangements ahead of time.  Roommates must be determined before check-in at the University Plaza.  If you are having trouble finding someone to share a room with, you may contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104 at 417-836-4384.  We will try to work with you to find a potential Winter Break roommate, but there are no guarantees.

No Mail Service During Winter Break

Please be aware that mail service to all closed residence halls will be suspended and that mail service will not be available until the residence halls reopen in January.  Your mail will not be forwarded during the Winter Break.  There will be no access to mail during this time, as the reception desks are not staffed.  If you are expecting an important piece of mail, please make sure it is mailed to you before your residence hall closes—no later than December 14, 2012—or make other arrangements for delivery.

Computer Registration

During the Winter Break, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services will reset all computer registrations.  Upon returning to the residence halls, all students will need to re-register personal computers.

BoomerMeals

Your BoomerMeals balance will start over for Spring.  Any BoomerMeals left over from the Fall semester will carry forward to Spring.

If you are not returning to the residence halls for Spring, you will lose any unused BoomerMeals from Fall but will not be charged for Spring BoomerMeals.

Housing Contract Cancellation Forms:

Educational Cancellation Form – For students participating in Internships, Student Teaching, or Study Away programs during the spring semester.  Please submit your form to Hammons House 104 along with appropriate verification documentation from the Study Away Office, your Internship Company, or your Academic Advisor.  All approved Educational Cancellations will receive a refund of the $100 housing deposit minus any damages.

Not Returning Form – For students who are withdrawing from the university, graduating, transferring schools, or not returning as a Missouri State student.  Return this form to the front desk of your Residence Hall.  Students who are withdrawing from MSU or transferring schools will lose the $100 deposit.  Students who are graduating will be refunded the $100 deposit minus any damages.

Breakage Information – For students who wish to request a breakage of their on-campus housing contract but remain a Missouri State student, please contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104.  Very few breakages are granted and even those approved will be subject to breakage fees and loss of deposit.

Updating Address and Deposit Refunds

If you are not returning to Missouri State after the Fall semester and are eligible for a refund of your deposit, be sure you have updated your permanent address and/or Direct Deposit information in My Missouri State.  If you are signed up for Direct Deposit, your housing deposit (minus any damages) will be refunded to your bank account.  If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit, the housing deposit (minus any damages) will be mailed to your permanent address.  Checks that are mailed to incorrect addresses will be returned to Accounts Receivable and held there for the student to retrieve.

Reapplication

Are you “IN”?  Reapplication for on-campus housing will be starting in January.  We hope you and your friends have already been thinking about where you would like to live for Fall 2013!  Remember that all students who have not successfully completed 30 credit hours are required to live on campus.  Be sure to keep an eye out for more information on the website so you don’t miss your opportunity to select your favorite Residence Hall and secure your roommates for next year!

231 Responses to End of Semester Information

1. księgowy says:

Always useful information with industry accounting

2. Some truly quality weblog posts on this internet web site , saved to my bookmarks .

3. hello!,I genuinely like your writing so a lot! percentage we maintain up a correspondence extra about your write-up on AOL? I demand an expert on this location to unravel my issue. Possibly that’s you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

4. Thank you sharing such informative weblog to us. I never see or heard about this insects. I love to watch national geographic, discovery channel because it shows the most remarkable and beautiful animals and insects which we never saw in our entire life. Here, in this as properly you share these insects which I never saw anywhere and its life cycle. I adore this weblog. Thank you once once more for sharing this weblog with us. Please maintain on sharing such informative issues in coming days as effectively. Cheers

5. I like the valuable info you offer within your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here often. I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Very good luck for the next! xrumer

6. My spouse and I identified you from a yet another page plus thought I may check things out on ?§?„?¥?­???¨?§?³ ?§?„?­?±?§?±?? ?ˆ?£?«?±?‡ ?¹?„?‰ ?§?„?¨???¦?© | ?‡?†?¯?³?© ?†?? . We like what I view thus now I’m a fan. Appear toward exploring your internet web site once more. Incidentally what about Muammar Gaddafi breathtaking media stories what do you genuinely think . Kudos … Irrigation System Maintenance

7. you use a fantastic weblog here! do you want to make some invite posts on my blog?

8. Pick some well-informed followers and get immediate feedback. You can find a variety of ways to print the feeds.

9. I’m not positive exactly where you are finding your info, but wonderful topic. I needs to spend some time learning significantly more or understanding a lot more. Thanks for exceptional data I was seeking for this data for my mission. xrumer

10. *I am often to blogging and i genuinely appreciate your content. The post has genuinely peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your internet site and keep checking for new information.

11. A very good clear cut answer and an excellent concept. But how do I post any function on this site is an additional question. The Foureyed Poet.

12. Exceptional blog here! Also your web website loads up fast! What host are you making use of? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my internet site loaded up as speedily as yours lol

13. There is noticeably big money comprehend this. I assume you have created specific good points in features also.

14. I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, however I assumed this submit was once good. I don’t recognize who you might be but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger should you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

15. I genuinely enjoy searching by means of on this web internet site , it holds superb articles .

16. free coupons says:

A nicely written write-up, I just passed this onto a workfellow who was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he indeed purchased me dinner because I discovered it for him…. .. therefore let me reword that: Thnkx for the treat nevertheless yeah Thnkx for spending the time to talk about this, I feel strongly concerning it and adore reading more on this subject. If doable, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with much more details? it is extraordinarily helpful on behalf of me. massive thumb up for this blog

17. A person’s Are typically Weight loss is certainly a practical and flexible an eating plan method manufactured for people who suffer that want to weight loss and therefore ultimately conserve a much a lot more culture. weight loss

18. I would like to show my thanks to you just for bailing me out of this difficulty. Proper following researching via the world wide web and seeing strategies which are not valuable, I figured my entire life was gone. Existing minus the approaches towards the issues you’ve fixed via your main guideline can be a crucial case, and ones that would have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn’t discovered your website. Your primary ability and kindness in playing with all items was precious. I am not positive what I would have done if I hadn’t come across such a answer like this. I’m able to at this moment appear forward to my future. Thanks for your time very a lot for this impressive and result oriented guide. I won’t be reluctant to refer the websites to any person who ought to receive direction on this difficulty.

19. The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information.

20. I see you are into weight lifting as well! You must have a look at my blog, and other people articles!

21. Wow! This can be one of the most beneficial blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Basically exceptional write-up! I am also an expert in this subject so I can realize your hard function.

22. online store says:

An intriguing discussion will likely be worth comment. I’m confident that you need to write a lot more about this subject, it may possibly not be a taboo topic but typically consumers are too few to chat on such topics. To yet another. Cheers

23. obviously like your web site however you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I will surely come back again.

24. Dead indited articles , thankyou for information .

25. Wow, superb weblog structure! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging glance simple. The total look of your web site is superb, neatly as the content material!

26. Remarkably! It really is as in case you read my mind! A person appear to know therefore considerably relating to this, just like you authored the book inside it or something. I feel which you can do with a couple of images to drive the content residence a bit, on top of that, this truly is great weblog. The outstanding study. I will definitely review again.

27. I think this site contains some quite excellent info for every person : D.

28. It can be difficult to write about this subject. I believe you did a fantastic job though! Thanks for this!

29. Clearly I like your web internet site, but you have to take a appear at the spelling on quite some of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I discover it very bothersome to inform you. Nevertheless I will surely come again again!

30. You completed several good points there. I did specific searches on the problem and found many men and women go in conjunction with along with your blog.

31. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and from now on if a comment is added I receive four emails with related comment. Possibly there is that is you’re able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks!