End of Semester Information

In This Issue

Letter from the Department

The semester is beginning to wind down and it is time to prepare for Winter Break!  We hope you have enjoyed your time on campus this semester and that you are looking forward to another semester in the residence halls.

Because Winter Break is just around the corner, several preparations are needed to make the semester transition go smoothly.  Please take a couple of minutes to read this End of Semester Blog for important information.

If you have questions regarding your Student Housing Contract or any other matter, please allow the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services to help you.  Best wishes for the remainder of the semester and with final exams!

Sincerely,
Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services

Important Dates to Remember:

November 21-25:        Thanksgiving Break; Residence Halls and Dining Centers are open

December 8-13:           Final Exam Period

December 15:               Residence Halls Blair-Shannon, Freddy, Kentwood, Wells, and Woods close at 8:00 a.m.;

Dining Centers are closed

Dec 21-Jan 2:               Offices Closed

January 12:                  Residence Halls open at 8:00 a.m.

January 13:                  Meal plans begin with brunch

Winter Break Housing

The following residence halls will be closed from 8:00 a.m. Saturday, December 15th until 8:00 a.m. Saturday, January 12th:  Blair-Shannon House, Freudenberger House, Kentwood Hall, Wells House, and Woods House.  If you need accommodations during this time, Winter Break housing will be available at the University Plaza Hotel at the special rate of $45/night plus tax.  The rate includes breakfast daily and is offered to Missouri State residence hall students only.  Please contact the University Plaza at 417-864-7333 to reserve your space.  Spaces are limited and will be available first-come, first-served.

In order to take advantage of the special rate, be sure to say that you are a Missouri State student in need of Winter Break housing.  All charges must be paid directly to the University Plaza and cannot be billed to your student account.

If you would like to share a room with another student and split the rate, you need to make arrangements ahead of time.  Roommates must be determined before check-in at the University Plaza.  If you are having trouble finding someone to share a room with, you may contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104 at 417-836-4384.  We will try to work with you to find a potential Winter Break roommate, but there are no guarantees.

No Mail Service During Winter Break

Please be aware that mail service to all closed residence halls will be suspended and that mail service will not be available until the residence halls reopen in January.  Your mail will not be forwarded during the Winter Break.  There will be no access to mail during this time, as the reception desks are not staffed.  If you are expecting an important piece of mail, please make sure it is mailed to you before your residence hall closes—no later than December 14, 2012—or make other arrangements for delivery.

Computer Registration

During the Winter Break, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services will reset all computer registrations.  Upon returning to the residence halls, all students will need to re-register personal computers.

BoomerMeals

Your BoomerMeals balance will start over for Spring.  Any BoomerMeals left over from the Fall semester will carry forward to Spring.

If you are not returning to the residence halls for Spring, you will lose any unused BoomerMeals from Fall but will not be charged for Spring BoomerMeals.

Housing Contract Cancellation Forms:

Educational Cancellation Form – For students participating in Internships, Student Teaching, or Study Away programs during the spring semester.  Please submit your form to Hammons House 104 along with appropriate verification documentation from the Study Away Office, your Internship Company, or your Academic Advisor.  All approved Educational Cancellations will receive a refund of the $100 housing deposit minus any damages.

Not Returning Form – For students who are withdrawing from the university, graduating, transferring schools, or not returning as a Missouri State student.  Return this form to the front desk of your Residence Hall.  Students who are withdrawing from MSU or transferring schools will lose the $100 deposit.  Students who are graduating will be refunded the $100 deposit minus any damages.

Breakage Information – For students who wish to request a breakage of their on-campus housing contract but remain a Missouri State student, please contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104.  Very few breakages are granted and even those approved will be subject to breakage fees and loss of deposit.

Updating Address and Deposit Refunds

If you are not returning to Missouri State after the Fall semester and are eligible for a refund of your deposit, be sure you have updated your permanent address and/or Direct Deposit information in My Missouri State.  If you are signed up for Direct Deposit, your housing deposit (minus any damages) will be refunded to your bank account.  If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit, the housing deposit (minus any damages) will be mailed to your permanent address.  Checks that are mailed to incorrect addresses will be returned to Accounts Receivable and held there for the student to retrieve.

Reapplication

Are you “IN”?  Reapplication for on-campus housing will be starting in January.  We hope you and your friends have already been thinking about where you would like to live for Fall 2013!  Remember that all students who have not successfully completed 30 credit hours are required to live on campus.  Be sure to keep an eye out for more information on the website so you don’t miss your opportunity to select your favorite Residence Hall and secure your roommates for next year!

426 Responses to End of Semester Information

1. This style is steller! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own weblog (properly, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I genuinely enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

2. You’ve got brought up a really wonderful points , thankyou for the post.

3. FCPX Effects says:

Thanks for this post. I surely agree with what you might be saying. I’ve been talking about this subject a good deal lately with my brother so hopefully this will get him to see my point of view. Fingers crossed!

4. FCPX Plugins says:

Wow post thanks! We believe your articles are excellent and want a lot more soon. We really like anything to do with word games/word play.

5. FCPX Plugins says:

Appreciate it for this post, I’m a big fan of this website would like to maintain updated.

6. You need to join in a contest very first with the finest blogs on the web. I most undoubtedly will suggest this web site!

7. Hello there, You’ve performed a great job. I’ll surely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my pals. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this internet site.

8. I conceive you’ve remarked some quite fascinating details , appreciate it for the post.

9. Nice post. I discover something considerably harder on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content utilizing their company writers and practice slightly something from their internet site. I’d opt to use some with the content on my own weblog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link on your web weblog. Thank you for sharing.

10. Energy Audit says:

Thanks for such a great blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a presentation that I am presently writhing on, and I’ve been on the appear out for such excellent information.

11. We are a professional fitness equipment manufacturers, gym equipment manufacturers suppliers exporters in china. Our main products include folding treadmills, non-folding treadmills,commercial treadmills,recumbent bike,upright exercise bike,spinning bike, etc.

12. Accept checks instantly by phone, fax or online – Economic secure payment method to receive immediate payments for goods and services by check. No more “the check is in the mail”. Instant check payments online. Collect your money in an instant with http://www.seamlesschex.com

13. DNA predisposition testing 28 of the most common conditions. Change your life, live more, get empowered

14. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails sticking with exactly the same comment. Possibly there is by any indicates you’re able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks!

15. Plantar fibromatosis is a painful affliction that involves the formation of hard nodules on the bottom of the feet. It is also called Ledderhose disease. The website, http://www.ledderhosedisease.com/ explains how patients can obtain needed treatment.

16. Instructors use Test Banks to help create an Exam.  We provide test banks to students get the best grade by having an understanding of the types of questions professors may ask, the format of an exam, and the key concepts to a chapter.

17. Garden State Pool Liners installs inground vinyl pool liners in New Jersey. We save pool water, time and money. Delivering In-ground Pool Liner and Pool Cover expert installation within the state of NJ. A leading pool liner company. We specialize in vinyl pool liner replacing.

18. This is finding a bit more subjective, but I a lot prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has much more flair, and some cool attributes like ‘Mixview’ that let you speedily see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on 1 of those will center on that item, and one more set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by comparable artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also excellent enjoyable, letting you discover other people with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist produced based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will probably be relieved to know you’ll be able to stop the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so pick.

19. service desk says:

The following time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to learn, but I in fact thought youd have one thing fascinating to say. All I hear can be a bunch of whining about something that you could fix need to you werent too busy looking for attention.

20. Real informative and fantastic anatomical structure of subject material , now that’s user pleasant (:.

21. I dugg some of you post as I thought they were handy very useful

22. Have you ever considered about including slightly bit a lot more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is critical and all. However believe of in case you added some fantastic visuals or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content material is superb but with images and videos, this site could undeniably be one of the quite very best in its niche. Wonderful blog!

23. I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I really enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!

24. Hello I am so delighted I located your site, I truly located you by mistake, while I was searching on yahoo for something else, Anyways I’m here now and could just like to say cheers for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining web site. Please do keep up the wonderful function.

25. Leeds escort jobs and open escort jobs available now with Barbys Leeds Escort Agency. When looking for work in this industry, you may be presented with many options. However, there is only one place to start. That one place is the number one escort agency in Leeds. Visit the website to learn more.

26. Keller Williams Real Estate Market Center that has roughly 400 agents in Asheville North Carolina