End of Semester Information

In This Issue

Letter from the Department

The semester is beginning to wind down and it is time to prepare for Winter Break!  We hope you have enjoyed your time on campus this semester and that you are looking forward to another semester in the residence halls.

Because Winter Break is just around the corner, several preparations are needed to make the semester transition go smoothly.  Please take a couple of minutes to read this End of Semester Blog for important information.

If you have questions regarding your Student Housing Contract or any other matter, please allow the Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services to help you.  Best wishes for the remainder of the semester and with final exams!

Department of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services

Important Dates to Remember:

November 21-25:        Thanksgiving Break; Residence Halls and Dining Centers are open

December 8-13:           Final Exam Period

December 15:               Residence Halls Blair-Shannon, Freddy, Kentwood, Wells, and Woods close at 8:00 a.m.;

Dining Centers are closed

Dec 21-Jan 2:               Offices Closed

January 12:                  Residence Halls open at 8:00 a.m.

January 13:                  Meal plans begin with brunch

Winter Break Housing

The following residence halls will be closed from 8:00 a.m. Saturday, December 15th until 8:00 a.m. Saturday, January 12th:  Blair-Shannon House, Freudenberger House, Kentwood Hall, Wells House, and Woods House.  If you need accommodations during this time, Winter Break housing will be available at the University Plaza Hotel at the special rate of $45/night plus tax.  The rate includes breakfast daily and is offered to Missouri State residence hall students only.  Please contact the University Plaza at 417-864-7333 to reserve your space.  Spaces are limited and will be available first-come, first-served.

In order to take advantage of the special rate, be sure to say that you are a Missouri State student in need of Winter Break housing.  All charges must be paid directly to the University Plaza and cannot be billed to your student account.

If you would like to share a room with another student and split the rate, you need to make arrangements ahead of time.  Roommates must be determined before check-in at the University Plaza.  If you are having trouble finding someone to share a room with, you may contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104 at 417-836-4384.  We will try to work with you to find a potential Winter Break roommate, but there are no guarantees.

No Mail Service During Winter Break

Please be aware that mail service to all closed residence halls will be suspended and that mail service will not be available until the residence halls reopen in January.  Your mail will not be forwarded during the Winter Break.  There will be no access to mail during this time, as the reception desks are not staffed.  If you are expecting an important piece of mail, please make sure it is mailed to you before your residence hall closes—no later than December 14, 2012—or make other arrangements for delivery.

Computer Registration

During the Winter Break, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services will reset all computer registrations.  Upon returning to the residence halls, all students will need to re-register personal computers.

Your BoomerMeals balance will start over for Spring.  Any BoomerMeals left over from the Fall semester will carry forward to Spring.

If you are not returning to the residence halls for Spring, you will lose any unused BoomerMeals from Fall but will not be charged for Spring BoomerMeals.

Housing Contract Cancellation Forms:

Educational Cancellation Form – For students participating in Internships, Student Teaching, or Study Away programs during the spring semester.  Please submit your form to Hammons House 104 along with appropriate verification documentation from the Study Away Office, your Internship Company, or your Academic Advisor.  All approved Educational Cancellations will receive a refund of the $100 housing deposit minus any damages.

Not Returning Form – For students who are withdrawing from the university, graduating, transferring schools, or not returning as a Missouri State student.  Return this form to the front desk of your Residence Hall.  Students who are withdrawing from MSU or transferring schools will lose the $100 deposit.  Students who are graduating will be refunded the $100 deposit minus any damages.

Breakage Information – For students who wish to request a breakage of their on-campus housing contract but remain a Missouri State student, please contact Abby Brown in Hammons House 104.  Very few breakages are granted and even those approved will be subject to breakage fees and loss of deposit.

Updating Address and Deposit Refunds

If you are not returning to Missouri State after the Fall semester and are eligible for a refund of your deposit, be sure you have updated your permanent address and/or Direct Deposit information in My Missouri State.  If you are signed up for Direct Deposit, your housing deposit (minus any damages) will be refunded to your bank account.  If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit, the housing deposit (minus any damages) will be mailed to your permanent address.  Checks that are mailed to incorrect addresses will be returned to Accounts Receivable and held there for the student to retrieve.

Are you “IN”?  Reapplication for on-campus housing will be starting in January.  We hope you and your friends have already been thinking about where you would like to live for Fall 2013!  Remember that all students who have not successfully completed 30 credit hours are required to live on campus.  Be sure to keep an eye out for more information on the website so you don’t miss your opportunity to select your favorite Residence Hall and secure your roommates for next year!

136 Responses to End of Semester Information

1. I’ve to get across my affection for your kindness supporting folks who absolutely need to have assist with this situation. Your particular dedication to acquiring the message along had become actually powerful and has continuously made guys and women significantly like me to reach their ambitions. The informative guide denotes considerably to me and further more to my colleagues. With thanks; from all of us.

2. Nowhere on the Internet is there this considerably quality and clear data on this subject. How do I know? I know because I’ve searched this subject at length. Thank you.

3. yourself’m as burning with excitement along accumulative concentrating. alter ego was rather apocalyptic by the mated ethical self went up to. It’s punk up to closed ego dispirited. All respecting those topics are movables her need to discover no finish touching unpronounced. Thanks so considerably!

4. It can be tough to write about this subject. I believe you did an excellent job though! Thanks for this!

5. cylinder says:

I got what you mean , saved to bookmarks , really decent internet site.

6. cylinder says:

I like this web web site because so much utile stuff on here : D.

7. orlando ppc says:

Some actually good stuff on this internet web site , I like it.

8. I am glad that I discovered this internet site , exactly the best details that I was looking for! .

9. m88 link says:

you have a terrific weblog here! do you require to earn some invite posts in my weblog?

10. m88 link says:

Can I recently say thats a relief to uncover somebody who really knows what theyre discussing on the internet. You certainly discover how to bring a challenge to light and earn it essential. The diet want to read this and recognize this side on the story. I cant believe youre not much more popular as you certainly hold the gift.

11. Aaron says:

Witaj, ciekawy artykuł. Jakiś czas nie widziałem tak interesującego dzieła

12. kruse says:

I dont feel Ive scan anything like this before. So very good to locate somebody with some original thoughts on this topic. nice 1 for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. Good job for bringing something new to the internet!

13. I must show thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from this type of issue. After exploring throughout the world-wide-web and meeting concepts which were not pleasant, I assumed my entire life was over. Being alive without the answers to the difficulties you have fixed by way of the review is a crucial case, and the kind which might have negatively damaged my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your web blog. That skills and kindness in taking care of a lot of things was very helpful. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come upon such a point like this. I can also at this time look ahead to my future. Thank you very much for the reliable and amazing guide. I won’t be reluctant to propose your blog post to any person who wants and needs guidelines about this area.

14. Amazing goods from you, man. I’ve realize your stuff previous to and you might be just too fantastic. I actually like what you might have acquired here, undoubtedly like what that you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you nonetheless care for to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This really is really a terrific web site.

15. tonery says:

This is the correct weblog for anybody who would like to learn about this subject. You might be aware of a lot its virtually challenging to argue on hand (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You in fact put the latest spin over a topic thats been revealed for many years. Great stuff, just fantastic!

16. I truly continue to keep paying attention to any records class regarding finding online grant uses therefore i have been searching for the best internet site to get 1. Can you encourage me personally you ought to, when may possibly i’ve discovered a few?

17. I discovered your blog site on google and test a few of your early posts. Proceed to keep up the superb operate. I just further up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for ahead to studying extra from you later on!…

18. web design says:

A thoughtful opinion and ideas I’ll use on my internet page. Youve clearly spent some time on this. Nicely carried out!

19. My spouse and i got so joyous Edward could carry out his investigation by way of the entire suggestions he came across although using the weblog. It is now and again perplexing to just always be giving for free of charge techniques which generally other people may possibly have been selling. We genuinely remember we’ve got you to appreciate for this. The main explanations you’ve produced, the straightforward internet site navigation, the relationships your internet site aid to create – it is got mostly fantastic, and it truly is aiding our son in addition to the family feel that this problem is exciting, which is surely very fundamental. Thank you for all the pieces!

20. I dont feel Ive seen all of the angles of this topic the way youve pointed them out. Youre a true star, a rock star man. Youve got so considerably to say and know so significantly about the subject that I think you should just teach a class about it

21. Woah! I’m truly digging the template/theme of this internet site. It is simple, but effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance. I ought to say you might have done a awesome job with this. Also, the blog loads very quick for me on Internet explorer. Outstanding Weblog!

22. My brother recommended I may possibly like this web web site. He was entirely correct. This publish truly produced my day. It is possible to not consider just how so considerably time I had spent for this details! Thank you!

23. Over and over once more I take into consideration these problem. As a matter of fact it was not even yesterday that I last thought about it. To be honest, what is your thought though?

24. thaibaccarat dot com may be the finest internet site to study casino games : like baccarat, poker, blackjack and roulette casino

25. Very fascinating subject , appreciate it for posting .

26. Woah! I’m genuinely digging the template/theme of this web site. It is simple, yet effective. Lots of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and appearance. I need to say that you’ve done an excellent job with this. In addition, the weblog loads incredibly quick for me on Internet explorer. Outstanding Weblog!

27. Great information a lot of thanks sharing and reaching us your subscriber list.

28. Couldn?t be designed any far better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this report to him. Pretty certain he will possess a good read. Thanks for sharing!

29. Top-notch post it’s surely. My friend has been awaiting for this content material.

30. As being a Newbie, We’re permanently exploring online for articles which can be of help to me. A lot of thanks

31. hello very good web site i will definaely come back and see once more.

32. You can certainly see your skills within the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

33. Leia Paris says:

I have recently started a blog, the information you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. “Character is much easier kept than recovered.” by Thomas Paine.

34. Hello.This post was extremely fascinating, particularly since I was browsing for thoughts on this issue last Thursday.

35. I respect your piece of work, appreciate it for all of the interesting content material .

36. Great tremendous things here. I¡¦m very satisfied to look your post. Thank you so much and i’m having a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?