The Importance of School Pride

A Letter from Adrianne Burns, Director of University Advancement

At Missouri State, students can improve their college experience and create endless memories that they can carry with them long after graduation. This can be done through school spirit!

This simple yet effective concept is often overlooked at Missouri State but can become the difference between just being at a school and being at our school. Through school spirit, students can be a part of something exciting and unique.  As Missouri State Bears, we should work to promote our university and ensure its betterment for future students.

School spirit is important because it sets the tone for various aspects of the school and its students. When the student body is involved in events on and off campus, it demonstrates a passion for Bear Pride that is immeasurable and contagious.  I believe that school spirit translates into higher expectations of one’s self and surroundings, pushing for positive changes at the university and abroad.

There are several ways you can show your Bear Pride at Missouri State: wear your Bear Wear or Maroon every Friday, attend a sporting event, tailgate for events, support campus wide competitions, and involve yourself in events such as Homecoming. Engaging in these simple actions is great for our school because it encourages a common bond between fellow students, faculty, and staff alike.

The Student Government Association is also working hard to promote Bear Pride through numerous projects and initiatives. Such projects include improving student seating at the Plaster football stadium, bringing replica athletic jerseys to the University Bookstore, and promoting Boomer and Growl in the Springfield field area and beyond. We’re also working to promote Missouri State to potential students by creating a Top Ten Reasons list of why students attend Missouri State, coordinating new recruitment efforts among academic departments, and establishing traditions at Missouri State that students can look forward to taking part in.

In addition, The Missouri State Alumni Association also welcomes student support and participation in their efforts to continue the school spirit momentum beyond graduation. By sharing student stories of school pride and of current successes in sports, clubs, organizations, and in the classroom, we may foster the nostalgia felt by alumni for their beloved alma mater. To be an Alumni of Missouri State is a special experience because you have the unique opportunity to give back to our university through contributions to our Foundation as well as serving as an example of how Missouri State has been vital to your success.

I encourage students to show their love for Missouri State every single day, because it truly is wonderful to be a Bear.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to The Importance of School Pride

1. Great post, I believe site owners could learn a lot from this website its real user pleasant. “You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s.” by Robert Frost.

2. Lyle Leyda says:

I might like to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this challenge. Ideal after checking throughout the world wide online and seeing opinions which are not productive, I believed my total life was properly around. Currently being alive without the solutions for the issues you might have resolved as a result of the write-up is usually a serious case, at the same time as ones which might have badly affected my complete career if I had not noticed your weblog submit. Your personal natural talent and kindness in touching the whole matter was extremely helpful. I am not certain what I would have performed if I had not appear upon such a stuff like this. I am ready to now relish my future. Many thanks for your time a lot to the impressive and result oriented assistance. I will not be reluctant to refer the sites to any specific who demands direction about this situation.

3. The Importance of School Pride – Student Government Association – Missouri State University I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re amazing! Thanks! your article about The Importance of School Pride – Student Government Association – Missouri State UniversityBest Regards Cindy

4. fkawau says:

This is the right The Importance of School Pride – Student Government Association – Missouri State University blog for anyone who wants to move out out active this message. You attending so overmuch its almost wearing to debate with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new rotation on a matter thats been scrivened virtually for years. Discriminating choke, only uppercase!

5. Pingback: The Definition of School Culture | Ben L.'s CyberEnglish Blog