We’ve added two new features to the Missouri State University blogs: the MSU Calendar widget and the Inline Media Tool plugin.
The MSU Calendar widget allows you to pull in a calendar of your events directly from the Missouri State University Master Calendar. You can see a working example of the new widget to the right on the sidebar of this blog, labeled ‘Web and New Media Events.’ You can add the calendar widget to your blog’s sidebar by going to your blog’s Dashboard, then navigating to the Widgets page under the Appearance tab. Drag the MSU Calendar widget from ‘Available Widgets’ to the sidebar and then fill in the necessary info.
The Inline Media Tool plugin allows you to embed Flickr slideshows, YouTube videos, and video or audio from iTunes U directly into any post or page in your blog. To use the media plugin, click on the button on the top far-right of the editor for any post or page.
There are four tabs within the Inline Media Tool: a Flickr slideshow, YouTube video, iTunes U video file or iTunes U audio file. Follow the directions on each tab to embed that particular media on your blog.
Both of these new tools are now live on all Missouri State University blogs and ready for your use. Below is a video showing you in-depth how to use the new Calendar widget and Media plugin, with step-by-step instructions and examples for all options within these new tools.
- YouTube Video Thumbnails - November 10, 2014
- Monthly video round-up for October 2014 - November 4, 2014
- Social Media Kit: Public Affairs Week - September 9, 2014
- Monthly video round-up for August 2014 - September 2, 2014
- Welcome Week Video Series - August 22, 2014
- YouTube channel redesign - August 11, 2014
- Monthly video round-up for July 2014 - July 31, 2014
- Monthly video round-up for May 2014 - June 2, 2014
- Monthly video round-up for April 2014 - May 2, 2014
- MSU New Student Community - April 7, 2014