Quick-response barcodes are the postage-stamp style codes that are easily scanned by your smartphone. They allow people to scan the code with their phone and quickly access a website, text message, image, etc. Learn more about QR codes.
Generating QR codes
To generate the QR codes, consider using http://goo.gl/ After you enter a long web address, it will give you a short address. You can them add .qr to the end of the short address to get the QR code. It also offers tracking, which you’ll want to check to see if people are using the codes from the printed publications.
Here’s an example of how it works:
- Visited http://goo.gl and entered www.missouristate.edu as the long address and clicked Shorten.
- It created http://goo.gl/OvTzas my short address.
One tip: when saving the QR code image, make sure to give it a .png extension so that your computer knows it’s an image.
- Find your place in the digital world: strategy, communication and best practices - August 4, 2015
- Non-credit course offers photography tips and techniques - May 20, 2015
- New staff, home for video services - April 30, 2015
- Recap: WordCamp St. Louis 2015 - March 24, 2015
- Recap: Simple Strategies for a Digital World - March 23, 2015
- Social media kit: Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference - March 19, 2015
- Missouri State seeks full stack developer/engineer - March 13, 2015
- Add these tools to your integrated branding practices - February 17, 2015
- Find your place in the digital world: strategy, communication and best practices - February 6, 2015
- Missouri State seeks full-time videographer/editor - January 23, 2015