The beauty of social media is its ability to connect people with similar interests and passions regardless of time and place. Hashtags allow your followers to access the broader conversation about a topic by simply clicking the tag to search for related posts.
Hashtags can be incorporated into tweets, Instagram photos, Google+ posts and now Facebook posts. Described below are hashtags related to Missouri State University. As you share about the University on social media, incorporate relevant hashtags to join the conversation!
General University hashtags
- #GoMaroon for general spirit and communication with new students
- #MSUBears for athletics
- #FollowYourPassion for posts about academics, career success, study away and other areas related to students and faculty following their passion
- #FindYourPlace for posts about involvement opportunities, campus life and other ways students make campus their home away from home
Specific University hashtags
- #CitizenBear for posts about public affairs signature events and other public affairs initiatives
- #MarooNation for alumni-related posts
- #MindsEye references the annual publication of University research and is perfect for posts related to faculty and student research
- #MaroonMinute refers to the recognition of faculty, staff, student and supporter accomplishments through video during home football and basketball games
- #ShowMeCitizens for the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame
- #Diversity14 for the 2014 Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference
- #BearGrads for commencement-related information
- #BearsHomecoming for Missouri State Homecoming news and events