Employee Wellness and Foster Recreation’s Outdoor Adventures program have partnered to bring employees a day of kayaking on Lake Springfield!
Did you know that the Outdoor Adventures program offers fantastic rental rates on a HUGE selection of outdoor equipment? Equipment rental is available for all Missouri State University students, faculty, and staff as well as Foster Recreation Center members such as alumni. This benefit provides an fun way to incorporate physical activity into your daily lifestyle!
The MSU Employee Wellness Program is sponsoring a kayaking trip at Lake Springfield to highlight this great benefit. Each session will begin with a brief educational training from trained staff on kayaking basics and safety, then participants will the option to join a guided tour around the lake or venture out to explore the lake on their own.
Spots are very limited, sign up today! Kayaks and all other equipment will be provided.
- Date: August 12th
– Session #1, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
– Session #2, 11:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Lake Springfield boat launch. (Right next to Lake Springfield boathouse)
- Cost: $10 per family (non-credit fee waiver eligible)
– All riders/paddlers must meet a minimum requirement of 90lbs with 33″ chest.
Please register using the Learning Management System
– Login at My Missouri State.
– Go to the “Profile” tab.
– Click “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
– Once there, type Kayaking into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
– Follow the prompts to checkout and complete payment.
*The employee wellness coordinator will contact you after registration to confirm the number of individuals attending with you. Only 16 participants max per session will be allowed.
Contact your Employee Wellness Coordinator, Ben Hunt, at firstname.lastname@example.org for
additional questions and information.