Here’s a new Autism Minute, our brief (usually 5 minutes or less) instructional videos that provide information designed to add to your available resources for serving students with autism and other developmental disabilities.
This video features Edna Smith, Ph.D., who has served as Project ACCESS Director, Autism Resources Specialist, Missouri Autism Consultant and Autism Team Coach. This Autism Minute focuses on Basic Concepts That Every Autism Educator Needs to “Get”:
- “When the sensory system is calm,
- reinforcement is available,
- the environment is made predictable through structure and visual supports,
- and task demands are carefully designed,
- skills can be effectively taught and learned.” ~ Dr. Ruth Aspy and Dr. Barry Grossman