2016 is the fourth year running that the symposium has been hosted at the Springfield Art Museum, thanks to the Director Nick Nelson and the special relationship that has been fostered between our institutions. The museum offers many wonderful opportunities for our students – not only as an excellent resource, but through internship placements, and even as a place of employment for our talented alumni.
- Amanda Horned, “The Pink Project and the Application of Feminist and Gender Theory”
- Chaney Jewell, “Austrian Orientalism: Remaking the Schönbrunn Palace”
- Paige Whitcomb, “Analyzing the Melun Diptych: an Examination of Jean Fouquet’s Style”
- Chanel Deschamps, “Shaping Renaissance Florence’s Identity Through Devotion to Marian Miraculous Images”
- Olivia Snell, “Bernini at the Borghese”