MSU undergraduate students in art history and visual culture presented their research at the 15th Annual Art History Symposium on May 1, 2-4:30 pm via Zoom.
Students and their presentation titles:
* Whitney Mosley, “Power in Portraiture: The Self-Portrayal of Isabella d’Este”*
* Naysa Adams, “Archibald Motley and Jacob Lawrence: Lenses of Black Modernity”
* Katie Kimbrough, “A Call to Farms: The Women’s Land Army in the Second World War as Depicted by Evelyn Dunbar”
* Alyssa Cartier, “Mariko Mori: Interpreting Spiritual Space in Art”
* Daniel Johnson, “Performance, Identity, and Religious Narrative: The Reverend Ethan Acres”
After presenting their work, students took questions from the audience. Dr. Mitzi Kirkland-Ives moderated.