The Senior Survey is the first part of the University Exit Exam. It is a brief series of questions selected to satisfy state reporting requirements and for internal efforts at program improvement. This includes first-destination information, a satisfaction item, and the chance for students to comment on their experience at MSU. At times, the Senior Survey includes additional research questions that provide useful data to various offices on campus. In the past, these have included questions on academic advisement, library use, and sustainability practices.
- 96% of seniors in the College of Natural & Applied Sciences reported that they planned to graduate in the fall 2018 semester.
- 88% of seniors are “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the quality of instruction they received at Missouri State.
- 18% of seniors took graduate-level coursework for credit as an undergraduate or in the accelerated Master’s program.
- 89% of respondents are planning to work in a field relating to their major either immediately after graduation (61%) or at some point in the future (28%).
- Primary post-graduation plans are wide-ranging. The majority of seniors indicate that they are either currently in a new position (25%), actively seeking employment (42%), or continuing their education (19%).
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 64% reported Science as their area of study, 14% cite Health and 14% cite “other.”
- Of the students planning to continue their education, 35% plan to attend Missouri State in the future or are currently in an accelerated Master’s program.
- Of those not planning to return to Missouri State, 33% report that Missouri State does not offer the program they need, 28% cite that they want to “be in a different part of the country/closer to family or significant other,” 15% report that Missouri State offers their program, but they want to attend another institution, and 18% cite “other.”
Comments from Students
I love how in this major your teachers and advisor know who you are by name. You aren’t just another body.
The Hospitality Leadership department has a wonderful wide group of professors that have done a phenomenal job at molding myself into a young professional leader ready to succeed in our industry.
Prof. Melissa Dallas was the best I ever had. Made each class truly worth learning and knew how to reach her students. Feel that if more teachers & professors were like her, then school would be fun.