Congratulations! You did it, #BearGrads. You’ve completed your course work. Drank way too much coffee to get you through those late study nights, waited until 11:59 p.m. to turn in your final assignment and had ramen noodles and chicken nuggets for the last four-plus years.
It’s been a long journey to get here. The time has come to walk across the stage and share your accomplishments with your friends and family.
You’re joining a network of over 122,000 Bears who have walked this path before you. Missouri State alumni do bigger and better things after graduation, and you’re no different. Enjoy your last hoorah and know that Missouri State will always be your home.
Before you go: A checklist for #BearGrads
- Get your photo with the PSU Bear. It’s a FREE gift for you to keep.
- Register with the Missouri State Alumni Association. We’re the Student Activities Council for alumni, we do the fun events and offer ways for you to volunteer.
- Make alumni connections on LinkedIn.
- Consider making a $50 gift to become a Very Important Bear (V.I.B.).
- Not sure about the job hunt? Apply for grad school. We can help!
Photos with the PSU Bear
Remember taking a picture of the PSU Bear when you first visited campus? Be sure to mark the graduation milestone with one more photo at this famous MSU landmark.
Visit the Bear statue outside of Plaster Student Union to get your photo taken and receive a free commemorative print from the Alumni Association. Photos are available from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, May 17.
Share your #BearGrads experience
Celebrate your big day with all your friends and family in the spring 2019 commencement Facebook event. You can access links to the commencement website, get updates on what to bring and engage with the Alumni Association Facebook page.
Post your #BearGrads photos online
Celebrate your accomplishment. Now is the time to brag about yourself and the great things you’ve done at MSU. Use the hashtag #BearGrads to share your photos with the MSU community and explore other people’s posts.
Once a Bear, always a Bear
MarooNation is the official Alumni Association of Missouri State University. We offer several ways you can stay connected with your alma mater:
- Register with the online community to receive email updates and attend dozens of networking events across the U.S.
- Get updates on fellow alumni including the Bears of Distinction awards banquet in June, plus nominate someone you know.
- You can also sign-up to join the alumni association council or apply for a position on the board of directors.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates from MSU.
- Be sure to connect with fellow alumni in our LinkedIn group.
- Finally, we offer travel abroad trips with fellow Bears and volunteer opportunities such as hosting a Dinner with Eight Bears.
Let us help you take the next step
Remember, you have search options right here at the university. The Career Center is a good place to start building your resume, practice interviewing and applying for jobs. Begin your job search by registering for Job Tracks, where you can apply for jobs online.
Considering graduate school?
This can be a great way to learn additional skills and gain experience in competitive markets. Missouri State also has financing options such as graduate assistantships, which include paid tuition and a monthly stipend. Explore your future with the Missouri State Graduate College.