The office of multicultural programs will host this year’s events and presentations. It will highlight Black culture and history and address the modern Black experience in America through education, discussion and more.
This year’s events will take place on campus and via Zoom to allow for flexibility. Registration is required for Zoom events.
- Speaker Aisha Harris, presented by Student Activities Council and office of multicultural programs, 6 p.m., Plaster Student Union Theater
- Showing “The Tower Road Bus” with a discussion afterward, hosted by OMP and Dr. Mike Streissguth, 5:30 p.m., PSU Ballroom East
- Take It Black – talent and art expo of local Black Artists and Performers, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Multicultural Resource Center
- DEI, Education, and (Mis)information, a discussion hosted by faculty of the College of Humanities and Public Affairs, 4 -6 p.m., Strong Hall Room 302
- U.S. Politics series on “Blackness in America,” a discussion with current activists and community members, 5:30 -6:30 p.m., PSU Room 315 or on Zoom
- African Student Association will host the African Royalty Banquet, 7 – 9 p.m., PSU Ballroom
- “Where the Black kids hang out”: Blackness at PWIs student panel, 5:30-6:30 p.m., PSU Room 308 or on Zoom
- Karen L. Dace’s “Unlikely Allies in the Academy: Women of Color and White Women in Conversation,” 12:15 -1:15 p.m., Multicultural Resource Center Conference Room