Friends of Missouri State Bear POWER-
We have some exciting updates to share with you! Bear POWER team has been hard at work, some program highlights are below:
- We are now accepting applications for the first cohort of Bear POWER students! The application deadline is April 2nd, 2018, and we will be accepting up to 10 students. To apply – you can find the application and information about admissions here. Please feel free to reach out for more information.
- Creating Opportunities. Changing Perceptions. Bear POWER t-shirts are $20 (see attached). Reserve yours by emailing Brittany: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks to our friends at Pioneer Advertising, you will see digital Bear POWER Billboards around Springfield at these locations: Sunshine/US 65, Chestnut/Glenstone, Battlefield/Lone Pine, US 65/Division, Kansas Expwy/Battlefield.
- A Bear POWER Comprehensive Transition Program application was submitted to the U.S. Department of Education, upon approval Bear POWER students can qualify for pell grants (if they meet all criteria).
- You can now find Bear POWER on the Think College interactive search map.
- We’re recruiting Bear Blazer student volunteers – if you know of Missouri State students (graduate or undergraduate) who would like to get involved in our program, have them email us at email@example.com.
- The Bear POWER Summer Leadership Retreat is June 24-26. Up to ten potential students will come stay on campus for two-days/two-nights for a college experience (final piece of admissions process). If you are interested in volunteering let us know!