Spring is here and there are some great things happening in Springfield and at Missouri State! The weekend of April 9th is full of great activities. If you are considering coming to town to visit your student, this is a great weekend to do so.
Spring Opera Double Bill of Puccini’s “Gianni Schicchi” and Ching’s “Buoso’s Ghost” (April 9th, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM, Plaster Student Union Theatre and online)
The Music Department is thrilled to welcome you to MSU Opera‘s first ever performance at the PSU Auditorium. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for general admission.
Open to public, alumni, current students, faculty, future students, staff. To order tickets visit: https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashneti/selfserve/BrowseCatalog.aspx?CNAME=OPERA
Audience numbers will be limited for each live performance and we ask that you properly wear your most operatic mask and socially distance in this lovely space. Actors will be wearing custom masks for your protection and there will be a large space between the audience and the stage for your protection. If you have a fever or fear exposure to the virus, please join us online instead.
Baseball (April 9 at 12pm, 10 at 1pm & 4pm, and 11 at 1pm)
- Promo: Saturday Hosting Heroes (will recognize military and first responders)
Protocols: Baseball Fan Guide –Hammons Field Fan Guide
*One thing to note here is that the concession stands are cashless.
- Tickets can be purchased at the game – Tickets are $6 for adults and $2 for MSU students. Kids 12 and under.
Football (April 10 at 2pm)
- Promo: Senior Day
- Fan Guide: Fan Guide
- Tickets – Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance, but can be bought day of at the game-day ticket office west of the stadium. Ticket prices are: bleacherbacks ($19) and bleachers ($12) only. MSU students are free with their Bear Pass.
- Bear Walk (team walks from Forsythe to Stadium) 12pm
- Tailgating – No BearFest Village. Fans can tailgate in the parking lot south of the stadium.
Springfield, Missouri Events (to see more events visit https://www.springfieldmo.org)
2021-Thank Goodness (April 9th) – https://www.springfieldmo.org/event/2021-thank-goodness!/47235/
Annual Show Me Gourd Art Festival (April 10th) – https://www.springfieldmo.org/event/annual-show-me-gourd-art-festival/47203/
Cherry Blossom and Kite Pinata Festival (April 10th) – https://www.springfieldmo.org/event/cherry-blossom-kite-and-pinata-festival/47208/
Springfield Symphony’s Schnitzel and Strudel Concert (April 10th) – https://www.springfieldmo.org/event/springfield-symphony%e2%80%99s-schnitzel-and-strudel-concert/47230/
Afloat: Artists and Rivers (April 10th) – https://www.springfieldmo.org/event/afloat%3a-artists-and-rivers/47122/
(Please Note: All events are subject to change or cancellations.)