Respondus Monitor, the webcam recording companion product for Respondus LockDown Browser, is now available for all MSU faculty to use with online exams. Instructors can access the Respondus Monitor settings through the LockDown Browser dashboard in their Blackboard course, with no additional downloads required.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications.
Respondus Monitor is a companion application that integrates webcam technology with LockDown Browser.
Together LockDown Browser and Monitor address the core issues of student identity and cheating, protecting the integrity of non-proctored online assessments.
How It Works
- Students start LockDown Browser, log into Blackboard and complete a brief startup sequence prior to the exam.
- When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
- The student and the surrounding environment are recorded during the entire exam.
- Instructors can quickly review details of the assessment, and even watch the recorded video.
Register to Attend an Upcoming Webinar
There are several opportunities to view a comprehensive training webinar, which is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor, regardless of their level of experience with either application. It lasts 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end. You can register and get information on how to view from your office or home using the links below.
- Respondus Monitor Instructor Resources website provides helpful Get Started Videos, Guides, and sample syllabus information.
- The Experts Knowledge Base has helpful step-by-step guides and instructions for students.
- Instructors can contact the Computer Services Help Desk with any questions or issues using Respondus LockDown Browser or Monitor products.