Whatever your role is on campus, recruiting and retaining students is at the forefront of Missouri State’s (and your) mission. It’s all about using effective marketing strategies to reach those students where they are.
That’s why the division of marketing and communications is offering a series of free training sessions on campus that will explore best practices to improve your skills in writing, video, social media, design and more.
Faculty and staff members are invited to MarCom Training Week, March 28-April 1 at Glass Hall.
How to register
Registration is required in My Learning Connection at my.missouristate.edu.
- Go to your profile tab.
- Find the Professional Development box.
- Select My Learning Connection.
- Search for this session.
- Sign up.
You can access details for each event on the university calendar.
Think like a journalist: The event is not the story, 1-2 p.m., Glass Hall 108
How to look like Missouri State, 9-10 a.m., Glass Hall 101
Making your statement with video, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Glass Hall 101
How to go from good to great with social media, 1-3 p.m., Glass Hall 108
Making your statement with photography, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Glass Hall 108
How to sound like Missouri State, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Glass Hall 101
Easy website wins for student recruitment, 10-11 a.m., Glass Hall 101
How to be a web content star, 11 a.m.-noon, Glass Hall 101
Making your statement with the media, 10 a.m.-noon, Glass Hall 108
Meet the presenters
- Kevin Agee, content strategist, office of strategic communication
- Natalie Allen, clinical assistant professor, biomedical sciences
- Nicki Donnelson, assistant director, office of strategic communication
- Brian Heaton, content management programmer, office of web strategy and development
- Chris Nagle, interim director, office of video marketing
- Kai Raymer, content strategist, office of web strategy and development
- Michelle Rose, assistant director-editorial, office of creative services
- Jesse Scheve, staff photographer, office of creative services
- Amy Schuldt, director, office of creative services
- Jessica Summers, director, office of web strategy and development
- Megan Swift, video production specialist, office of video marketing
- Kevin White, assistant director-photography, office of creative services
- Emily Yeap, public relations specialist, office of strategic communication