Mission: To provide students and families with goal-focused braille tutoring and to provide students with opportunities to connect with other braille readers and develop a positive image of braille through fun braille-related activities.
Braille Brilliance Services:
- In-Home Braille Tutoring
- Fun Braille Group Activities
- Braille Pen Pal Program
- Any braille students in grades K-12 in the state of Missouri and counties in Illinois neighboring St. Louis
- Free in-home tutoring for the child and/or parent in braille (not general academics)
- Instruction for mastery of specific goals based on teacher, parent, and student input
- Fun braille-related group activities quarterly
- Braille pen pal program with other Braille Brilliance students
- Complements braille instruction provided in school
- If you prefer, students can participate in just one or two aspects of the program (group activities, tutoring, or pen pals).
- The student learning new math symbols
- The student using a braille display to access electronic materials on a computer or tablet
- Refining the student’s braille reading technique and demonstrating proper technique to the parent
- The student mastering Unified English Braille changes
- The parent learning the braille alphabet
- The parent learning more about braille math strategies
- The family utilizing braille labels and tactile materials for daily living skills
Braille Brilliance Coordinator
Laura Jones, M.Ed.
Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments