Seminars/programs this week –
3:30 PM – Today! – “Job Search Strategies for Students” – Cheek Hall 102
CNAS Public Lectures –Our speaker for Tuesday, March 21 is Dr. Larry Campbell. He will be talking about his recent trip: Rollin’ on the River
NASA Public Viewing Night – Saturday, March 25 http://calendar.missouristate.edu/viewevent.aspx?eventid=95128&occurrenceid=179259
Spring Showcase is March 25. Meet the faculty session is from 9:30-11:30 AM.
Call for Proposals – 32nd Showcase on Teaching and Learning
Submission Deadline: Proposals are due Friday, March 24. Proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Additional information can be found at the following link: https://www.missouristate.edu/fctl/ShowcaseCallProposal.htm
- Friday, March 24 – nominations for CNAS awards are due! Click for awards policy. Please note that the awards reception was moved to Friday, April 28 – see schedule in CALENDAR below.
The Provost’s Academic Advising Council (PAAC) has developed a short survey (approximately 5-15 minutes) about various advising methods used by academic advisors. The PAAC would like to invite you to participate in this survey. If willing to respond, we would ask that you respond by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 24. Thank you for your consideration. https://missouristatechhs.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bmhcCToSNRXpCGV
OSEF Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair – Apply to be a judge – http://www.k12science.missouristate.edu/OSEF/Judges_2017.htm
STUDENT RESEARCH FORUMS
Abstracts are due April 10 for IDF and April 12 for CNAS Undergraduate Research Day.
Science On Screen: 2017 – Moxie Theatre!
Science On Screen creatively pairs screenings of classic, cult and documentary films with lively introductions by notable figures from the world of science, technology and medicine. Each film is used as a jumping off point for the speaker to reveal current scientific research or technological advances, providing the perfect combination of entertainment and enlightenment. All shows include a post show discussion with scholars from the world of science. All showings start at 7:00 p.m.
Mar 28: The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015) w/Dr. Christie L. Cathey (MSU, Psychology)
Apr 8: The Conversation (1974) w/Dr. Shannon McMurtrey (DRURY, Computer sciences/Security)
Admission prices are $9 for Adults and $8 for Seniors/Students Members will have discounted tickets
RECENTLY FUNDED GRANTS
- Jason Ray and Bob Pavlowsky: Congratulations on your new project with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and the USEPA!
- Jason Ray: Congratulations on your service agreement with the American Planning Association!
- Mike Reed: Congratulations on continuing your work at the Missouri Space Grant Consortium with NASA!
- Jane Hood: Congratulations on the award with the USEPA and the Missouri Association of Councils of Government!
As a follow up to the annual Tornado Drill earlier this month, it’s a good time to think about safety and remind you of the services on campus. Go to http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/ for more information about emergency-related issues.
EXAMPLE: There are several Automated External Defibrillators across campus. Do you know where your nearest AED is?
- Dr/ Alexander Wait was interviewed by the Missouri State Journal for the Study Away program in Cuba: History in the making
- Dr. Day Ligon was interviewed by the Missouri State Journal: Biologist works to rebuild families of alligator snapping turtles
- The winter 2016-17 Bull Shoals Field Station newsletter is out!
- Southwestern Association of Naturalists (SWAN) will meet April 13-16 in Lawton, OK. Click for more information.
- American Chemical Society will meet in San Francisco April 2-6, 2017 and at least one Missouri State student is presenting.
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
- Schedule for Academic Advisor Forums is here: https://www.missouristate.edu/advising/41529.htm
CALENDAR – 2017
Mar 21 CNAS Public Lecture – Dr. Larry Campbell, 7:30 PM, Rollin’ on the River
Mar 24 Nominations for CNAS awards are due
Mar 28-30 Spring Academic Integrity Days
Mar 30 HL Speaker Series, 2:00-3:15, PSU Theatre
Apr 4-7 OSEF Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair – Apply to be a judge – http://www.k12science.missouristate.edu/OSEF/Judges_2017.htm
Apr 4-7 Public Affairs Conference
Apr 10 Town Hall Meeting – Budget 1:30 PM – PSU Theatre. All are welcome.
April 12 Pummill Relays
Apr 13-14 Spring Holiday (no classes – offices open 13, offices closed 14)
Apr 20-21 Collaborative Diversity conference
April 21 Ecopalooza
Apr 28-29 GGP Board of Advisors meeting
Apr 28 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day, PSU Ballroom
Student Poster Presentations 1pm – 3pm
Judging 1:15pm – 2:45pm
Speaker: Dr. Nikolay Gerasimchuk 3:00pm
Faculty, Staff and Student Awards 3:30pm
Apr 29 Graduate College IDF
May 2 All Faculty reception, 3:30 pm, PSU Ballroom
May 12 Study Day
May 13-18 Finals Week
May 19 Spring 2017 Commencement (CNAS is 5:00 PM)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow CNAS on Twitter @CNASatMSU and on Facebook CNAS at MSU