EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Wednesday, September 6 – KME Mathematics Picnic & Scholarship Reception, 4:30-7 PM, Phelps Grove Park
- Friday, September 8 – Academic Integrity Council hosts an Ice Cream Social & Information Session (see attached flyer)
- Sunday, September 10 – BIO Picnic and Scholarship Reception, noon – 4 PM, Lake Springfield
GRADUATE STUDENT INFORMATION
The University 3MT® competition will be held on Friday, October 20, 2017 at Meyer Library, Room 101. The competition will begin promptly at 5:00 pm. A reception with refreshments for participants, judges, other audience members including faculty/administrators and community leaders will follow from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. CNAS students must win the CNAS 3MT Competition on Monday, October 9 at 4:00 PM in Temple 156 in order to participate on October 20! (The number of winners allowed for CNAS will be determined later.)
The winner of the 3MT® competition will be announced during the evening and will represent Missouri State University at the regional competition during the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) annual conference in April 2018.
- Sep 14 – By 5:00 PM, Citizen Scholar nominations due: http://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/96074/181246
- Sep 22 – Assessment Grants for Assessment of Student Learning
- Sep 29 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals must be submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow the dean and admin assistant time to review proposals and prepare agenda
- Sep 29 – Ranked Faculty and Instructor applicants submit dossiers to DHs; External Reviews due to DHs for inclusion in dossier
- Sep 29 – Study Away short-term proposal submissions due for programs departing in March, May, June, July and August 2018
- Sep 30 – Applications for Grad Student thesis/non-thesis funding due to Graduate College in CARR 306
- CNAS has new faculty this year!
- Bull Shoals Field Station was featured in Ozarks Water Watch. In addition, the BSFS quarterly flyer is attached.
- Internal Grants in Graduate College (flyer attached) – Take advantage of this workshop and the internal funding opportunities!
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Got water? BYOB – Bring Your Own Bottle and limit plastic in our landfills!
Sustainability released the Welcome Back issue of its newsletter.
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
CNAS CALENDAR – 2017
Sep 9-15 Public Affairs Week
Sep 14 Study Away Fair, 11 AM – 2 PM, PSU Atrium
Sep 20 Study Away Fall Faculty Luncheon, 12:30-2:00 PM, PSU 308 – click to RSVP by Fri, Sep 15
Sep 25 State of University Address, 12:15-1:15 PM, PSU Theatre
Sep 26 Armchair Series: Chris Lupfer – “From Allergies to Zika virus, the good and bad of the immune system”, 7 PM, Library Center
Sep 27 Majors Fair, 9:00-3:00
Sep 29 Study Away Short-Term proposals due
Sep 30 NASA Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory, 7:30-10:30 PM
Oct 7 Fall Showcase
Oct 9 CNAS 3M Thesis Competition, 4:00 PM, Temple 156
Oct 12-13 Fall Break – no classes
Oct 20 3-Minute Thesis Competition (3MT) at 5:00 PM in Library 101 (Must win CNAS competition in order to participate!)
Oct 24 Armchair Series: La Toya Kissoon-Charles – “Wetland plants: what are they good for?”, 7 PM, Library Center
Oct 26 Scholarship Reception – Crystal Ballroom in Kentwood Hall, 3:30-4:30
Oct 26 Emeritus Faculty/Staff Dinner – Crystal Ballroom in Kentwood Hall, 5:30-
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU