EVENTS THIS WEEK
- State of University Address is today at 12:15 PM, PSU Theatre
- The first Armchair University Science Series program is tomorrow night. Chris Lupfer – “From Allergies to Zika virus, the good and bad of the immune system”, 7 PM, Library Center
- Academic Integrity Days events are this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Majors Fair on Wednesday, September 27 from 9:00-3:00 in PSU 300.
- Diversity Donuts – CNAS students diversity mixer from 9-11:30 AM on Wednesday, October 4 in PSU 308
- Carrie’s Café – grand opening on Thursday, October 5 – Call the HL department to make your reservations now!
- Communicating the Value of Water conference occurs on Thursday, October 19. (FREE for students, but they must register!)
In partnership with Convoy of Hope, Missouri State students and the Center for Community Engagement will be hosting a campus-wide donation drive for victims directly affected by both hurricanes and possibly the newer hurricanes forming in the Atlantic. Items may be dropped off in Temple Hall 142.
For CNAS 3 Minute Thesis Competition:
Submit your student names to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 2, after confirming that they can attend the CNAS internal competition from 4:00-5:30 PM on Monday, October 9. Gale will contact the students to schedule the competition times. Each department may submit up to five names. All faculty are invited to the competition in Meyer Library 101.
Two PowerPoint slides – Each student will provide, ahead of time, one PowerPoint slide (name, graduate program and presentation title), plus one slide to accompany their talk (no animation).
Email PowerPoint slides to email@example.com by 11:00 AM on Monday, October 9. Slides will be loaded on the computer in the presentation room in preparation for the afternoon session.
Upon completion of all presentations, the judges will determine who will participate in the MSU competition on Friday, October 20, 5:00 PM in Meyer Library 101. http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm.
- Hospitality Leadership shows commitment to education through a workshop designed to provide teachers with new information and skills.
- Erica Cox uses hands-on, interactive learning in the field to educate young people about environmental issues.
- Alumna Dr. Mary Krause returned to MSU to discuss her involvement in drug development processes.
Communicating the Value of Water conference occurs on Thursday, October 19. It’s free for students, but they must register!
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
SEPTEMBER DUE DATES
- Sep 29 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals must be submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow admin assistant time prepare agenda
- Sep 29 – Ranked Faculty and Instructor applicants submit dossiers to DHs for promotion/tenure
- Sep 29 – Study Away short-term proposal submissions due for programs departing in March, May, June, July and August 2018
- Sep 30 – Applications for Grad Student thesis funding due to Graduate College in CARR 306
OCTOBER DUE DATES
- Oct 1 – submit Annual Reports for CGEIP
- Oct 2 – Faculty Research Grants: 9:00 AM to Dean’s Office for dean’s signature
- Oct 2 – DHs submit dossiers of Ranked Faculty and Instructors to Dept Personnel Committees
- Oct 15 – International Travel Grants (due dates are Jan 15, Apr 15, Jul 15, Oct 15)
- Oct 18 – By 2:00 PM, mid-semester grades: calendar.missouristate.edu/event/93911/172661
- Oct 20 – Dept Committees recommendations of Ranked Faculty and Instructors to DHs; Faculty Applicants receive Committee’s report for 3 business day to review, respond, sign and return to Dept (Oct 23-25, 2017)
- Oct 20 – nominations due for Awards for Excellence in Study Away Programming
- Oct 20 – Assessment Grants for Assessment of Student Learning
Call for Proposals 2018-2019 Curriculum Innovation Awards
Submission Deadline October 31
The FCTL Advisory Council is soliciting proposals for the creation or improvement of student learning experiences at Missouri State University. Two-proposal types will be considered:
- Creating high-impact practices that enhance student learning
- Diversity and multicultural practices in teaching and learning
CNAS CALENDAR – 2017
Sep 26 Armchair University Science Series: Chris Lupfer – “From Allergies to Zika virus, the good and bad of the immune system”, 7 PM, Library Center
Sep 27 Majors Fair, 9:00-3:00
Sep 29 Study Away Short-Term proposals due
Sep 30 NASA Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory, 7:30-10:30 PM
Oct 5 Carrie’s Café opens, 11:30-1:00, Pummill 404
Oct 7 Fall Showcase
Oct 9 CNAS 3M Thesis Competition, 4:00 PM,
Oct 10 Diversity Donuts – CNAS student diversity mixer, PSU 308, 9-11:30 AM
Oct 12-13 Fall Break – no classes
Oct 20 3-Minute Thesis Competition (3MT) at 5:00 PM in Library 101 (Must win CNAS competition in order to participate!)
Oct 24 Armchair University Science Series: La Toya Kissoon-Charles – “Wetland plants: what are they good for?”, 7 PM, Library Center
Oct 26 Scholarship Reception – Crystal Ballroom in Kentwood Hall, 3:30-4:30
Oct 27 Wall of Fame Presentation at 4:00 PM – John Catau will join the wall this year!
Oct 27-28 Homecoming!
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU