You should have received your envelope for the Missouri State Way Campaign. I hope that you will consider giving. United Way of the Ozarks supports our community in significant ways. I choose to give at the leadership level and I hope that you will consider giving at some level this year. Gifts to the Missouri State University Foundation can be given in support of students, your department or even your own research. I chose to start a scholarship fund a number of years ago and continue to give to that fund. In addition I invest in the CNAS Equipment Fund, OPTV and KSMU each month through payroll deduction. You certainly do not need to give to so many things but I would encourage you to develop a habit of giving back. Thank you. Tammy
- Carrie’s Café is open on Tuesday and Thursday.
- NASA Observing Night is Saturday, October 21
- Communicating the Value of Water conference occurs on Thursday, October 19. (FREE for students, but they must register!)
- University-wide 3-Minute Thesis Competition is Friday, October 20
In partnership with Convoy of Hope, Missouri State students and the Center for Community Engagement will be hosting a campus-wide donation drive for victims directly affected by both hurricanes and possibly the newer hurricanes forming in the Atlantic. Items may be dropped off in Temple Hall 142.
- CNAS STEM Career Exploration Expo is Monday, November 6, 4:00-6:00 PM, in PSU Ballroom. All CNAS students and faculty are encouraged to attend!
- Expanding Your Horizons 2017 will be held on November 18. This is an event for middle school girls. The morning will be filled with hands-on science and information about careers in STEM.
Daniel Crafts presented at the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE) summer conference.
Christopher Robledo, applied physics and engineering major, studied friction at Argonne National Laboratory this past summer.
CNAS certificate programs have been updated on the Departments & Programs webpage. They link directly to the online catalog.
Flu shots are available at Taylor Health!
Jason Smith, alumnus of GGP, uses skills learned in CNAS.
Let’s not protect the environment, let’s create a world where the environment doesn’t need protecting.
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
OCTOBER DUE DATES
- Oct 18 – By 2:00 PM, submit mid-semester grades: calendar.missouristate.edu/event/93911/172661
- Oct 20 – Dept Committees recommendations of Ranked Faculty and Instructors to DHs; Faculty Applicants receive Committee’s report for 3 business day to review, respond, sign and return to Dept (Oct 23-25, 2017)
- Oct 20 – nominations due for Awards for Excellence in Study Away Programming
- Oct 20 – Assessment Grants for Assessment of Student Learning
- Oct 27 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals must be submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow the dean and admin assistant time to review proposals and prepare agenda
- Oct 30 – Summer Fellowship applications: 9:00 AM to Dean’s Office (Gale) for dean’s signature. Applicants submit completed applications electronically to GraduateCollege@missouristate.edu
- Oct 31 – Proposals for Curriculum Innovation Awards
CNAS CALENDAR – 2017
Oct 24 Armchair University Science Series: La Toya Kissoon-Charles – Wetland plants: what are they good for?, 7 PM, Library Center
Oct 25 Hospitality Career Fair, 9:00-3:30,
Oct 26 Scholarship Reception – Crystal Ballroom in Kentwood Hall, 3:30-4:30
Oct 27 Wall of Fame Presentation at 4:00 PM – John Catau will join the wall this year!
Oct 27-28 Homecoming!
Nov 6 STEM Career Exploration Expo, 4:00-6:30, PSU Ballroom (see attachment)
Nov 9 USA Day
Nov 18 Expand Your Horizons, 7:30-1:00, Kemper Hall (see attachment)
Nov 28 Dr. Debra Finn, “Beneath the surface: fabulous biodiversity in flowing waters” 7:00, Library Center
Dec 15 CNAS Graduation Reception 8-9 AM
Dec 15 Commencement – CNAS marches at 10:00 AM
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU