Tu-Wed, Feb 6-7 – Faculty and Staff Free Portrait Days are here. It’s a great time to update your photo in the directory!
Advising Awards nominations due Friday, February 9
Submit your nominations for Excellence in Advising Support & Excellence in Advising Grad Student Contribution Awards to Kathy Davis in the Academic Advisement Center
Master Advisor Refresher Workshop
Facilitated by Amy Marie Aufdembrink
The refresher workshop will focus on new programs and resources, changing academic regulations, and advanced advising techniques. Participants will be able to complete all their Master Advisor recertification requirements in one of the two offered sessions. Space is limited and online registration is required. Go to https://www.missouristate.edu/advising/42540.htm to reserve a space.
Tuesday, April 10, 3:00-5:30 PM or Friday, April 20, 9:30-12:00 noon
Both sessions will be in University Hall Room 200
SEMINARS THIS WEEK
- Fri, Feb 9 – GGP: Dating Very Young Volcanic Rocks at Changbaishan Volcano, China/N Korea, by Frank Ramos of New Mexico State University, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 345
Missouri State University needs GEP101 Instructors for fall.
Click for 2018 GEP Instructor Application – fillable information.
Deadline to apply for first consideration is Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Nancy Kageyama presented two papers (one co-authored by Albert Barreda) at the International Conference on Human Resources and Talent Management in Taiwan.
- Grad student Josh Kern studies the insides of stars and publishes article. Advisor: Mike Reed.
- Alum Srikant Nannapaneni focuses on building a cancer care clinic at Cox Health.
- Get training on the fundamentals of Office 365! Next sessions are February 15 and March 1.
- The Alumni Association is accepting nominations for the Wall Of Fame until Friday, March 9.
- FCTL Events & Announcements for the New Year!
Sustainability needs your assistance with the STARS 2018 report. (Report is submitted every three years)
Submissions are due on Thursday, February 15 to Jordan Schanda, Sustainability Coordinator: email@example.com and 417/836-4993.
Feb 5 – Faculty submits annual reports to DH and update Digital Measures (Faculty Evaluation Calendar)
Feb 9 – Foundation Awards: Dean’s Office submits materials to Provost
Feb 9 – SCUF proposals to Office of the Provost (final submission)
Feb 9 – Nominations for Excellence in Advising Awards due to Academic Advisement Center
Feb 12 – Nominations for Staff & Faculty Board of Governors Excellence in Public Affairs due to dean
Feb 16 – Submit Summer Graduate TA request forms to Graduate Office (DH and dean signatures required in advance!)
Feb 20 – Spring thesis/non-thesis funding requests due to Graduate Office
Feb 23 – Nominations (Faculty) for Excellence in Community Service Awards
Feb 23 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System.
CNAS CALENDAR – 2018
Feb 6-7 Faculty and Staff Free Portrait Days
Feb 17 Discover Engineering Day, Plaster Center, 12-3 PM
Feb 19 President’s Day – Offices Closed
Feb 23 Board of Governor Meetings
Feb 24 Science Olympiad (registration deadline Feb 10)
Mar 5-7 HL – Accreditation Team on campus!
March 6 Tornado warning drill (aka Severe Weather Test) at 10:00 AM
Mar 10-18 Spring Break
Mar 27-29 OSEF (Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair) (registration deadline Feb 27)
Mar 29 Spring Holiday – Offices open, no classes
Mar 30 Spring Holiday – Offices closed, no classes
April 11 Pummill Math Relays
April 14 Admitted Student Day
April 27-28 Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting in Rolla
May 3 (THURSDAY) CNAS Undergraduate Research Day and Faculty & Staff Awards
May 5 Graduate College IDF
May 18 CNAS Commencement time is 5:00 PM (10 AM – COB, Darr Ag / 1:30 PM – CHPA, CHHS / 5:00 PM – COAL, COE, CNAS)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU
- Inside Missouri State newsletter
- The Standard student newspaper