- Wed, Feb 14 – CHM seminar: Graduate students Melinda J. Sutton and Oluwasegun M. Abolade will present the seminar this week. 3:35 PM in Meyer Library 101
- Fri, Feb 16 – GGP seminar: Interpreting the Structural Geometry of the Jisik Antiform, Zagros Fold Belt, Kurdistan, Iraq; by Ron Foster, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 345
- Mon, Feb 26 – CSC seminar: IoT and Data Analytics for City Utilities by Chris Hill, Director of GIS and AMI – City Utilities, 9:00 AM, Cheek 151
Study Away Fair is Wednesday, February 14 in the PSU Atrium, 11 AM – 2 PM
DISCOVER ENGINEERING DAY is this Saturday, February 17!
No RSVP required.
Carrie’s Café opens Tuesday, February 27! Make your reservations now!
- Bio/chem alumna Alanna Bree, Bears of Distinction recipient, has book published.
- GGP alumnus, staff member, and grad student went to Nepal to explore Mt Everest.
- Register for Master Advisor Refresher Workshop: (sessions are April 10 and April 20)
- FCTL Events & Announcements for the New Year!
RecycleMania runs through March 31.
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to sign up for free online training in the Three Rs (reducing/reusing/recycling).
I just did the online training and I hope you will too! Tammy
- Feb 12 – Nominations for Staff & Faculty Board of Governors Excellence in Public Affairs due to dean today!
- Feb 16 – Submit Summer Graduate TA request forms to Graduate Office (DH and dean signatures required in advance!)
- Feb 20 – Spring thesis/non-thesis funding requests due to Graduate Office
- Feb 23 – Nominations (Faculty) for Excellence in Community Service Awards
- Feb 23 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System.
CNAS CALENDAR – 2018
Feb 19 President’s Day – Offices Closed, No Classes
Feb 23 Board of Governor Meetings
Feb 24 Science Olympiad
Mar 5-7 HL – Accreditation Team on campus!
March 6 Tornado warning at 10:00 AM. This is the annual drill. Don’t forget to participate!
Mar 10-18 Spring Break
Mar 27-29 OSEF (Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair)
Mar 29 Spring Holiday – Offices open, no classes
Mar 30 Spring Holiday – Offices closed, no classes
April 11 Pummill Math Relays
April 14 Admitted Student Day
April 27-28 Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting in Rolla
May 3 (THURSDAY) CNAS Undergraduate Research Day and Faculty & Staff Awards
Noon – Faculty and Staff Awards Ceremony (includes a light lunch for all attendees)
Noon -1:00 PM – All judging will for Undergraduate research day will occur during this time period.
Research Posters will be open to all from 1-3 PM
3:00 PM – Awards presented to research day winners.
May 5 Graduate College IDF (abstracts due April 10)
May 18 CNAS Commencement time is 5:00 PM (10 AM – COB, Darr Ag / 1:30 PM – CHPA, CHHS / 5:00 PM – COAL, COE, CNAS
CNAS Grad Reception will begin at 2:00 PM outside of Temple Hall. All are welcome!
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU
- Inside Missouri State newsletter
- The Standard student newspaper