Friday, May 18: CNAS Grad Reception, 2:00-4:00 p.m., Temple Courtyard (Program begins at 2:15.)
CNAS Commencement, 5:00 p.m., JQH Arena (The other commencements are at 10 AM and 1:30 PM.)
Sunday, May 20 – Campus Electrical Outage
Watch the Master Calendar for other important events this week.
- Colton Lynn, biology GA, and Jenna Davis, senior computer science, were featured in The Standard.
- Katye Fichter and several chemistry students presented at the American Chemical Society’s annual meeting in New Orleans this past March.
- Jimmy Taylor, VP of operations at IHG spoke at Hospitality Leadership Executive Series.
- Becky Baker interviewed wildlife biology student Hannah Whaley on STEM Spots for Women In Science series. Listen to other interviews on STEM Spots.
- Assessment grants are available! Drop by a Coffee & Conversation session in PSU 131 on Tuesdays from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- The first class of UMKC PharmD students graduate this spring!!! Kendra White is featured on the UMKC website! There’s a great YouTube video, photos and graphics as part of her story. https://info.umkc.edu/news/hometown-pride/
May 21 – Submit final grades online by 2:00 PM
May 25 – CNAS Committees’ annual reports due to dean’s office (to David)
June 4 – Dept Heads submit outside activity reports to Dean’s Office (Gale)
June 13 – CNAS Departments’ annual department report (including assessment report) due to dean’s office (to Gale)
June 18 – Dean forwards outside activity reports with comments to Provost
June 29 – Dean submits College Annual Report to Provost’s Office
June 29 – Dean provides list of faculty intending to apply for T&P in FA18 to Provost
CNAS CALENDAR – 2018
June 7 SOAR Advisor Training
June 11 Summer School and SOAR begins today!
July 4 No summer classes/offices closed
July 23-27 CNAS/Discovery Center Class on campus!
July 26 ALC Retreat – all day (Dean only)
July 27 Summer Visit Day
Aug 2-3 Final Exams for summer session
Aug 6 CNAS Retreat, 8 AM to 5 PM
Aug 13 All Faculty and Graduate Students report to campus for pre-fall semester meetings
Aug 13 New Faculty Orientation
Aug 14 New Faculty Orientation
Aug 15 Showcase for Teaching and Learning
Aug 16 All Faculty Welcome Back Lunch
Aug 17 STEM LLC Welcome Social, 4-5 PM, Temple Hall
Aug 19 New Student Convocation
Aug 20 Fall 2018 Semester Begins
Aug 22 All College Meeting, Temple 002, 4-5 PM
Aug 29 CNAS Student Expo, 2:30-4:30, Temple Courtyard
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU
- Follow CNAS NewsWatch
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU and/or Facebook: CNAS at MSU