Public Affairs Conference this week, Tuesday through Thursday – Plan to attend one and encourage your students to do the same.
All seminars are posted on the CNAS homepage.
- Wed, Sep 26 – CHM: Enzyme-Inspired Multifunctionalized Metal-Organic Framework (MOF) Materials, by Dr. Tendai Gadzikwa from Kansas State University, Library 101, 3:35-4:30 PM
- Thu, Sep 27 – PAMS: Dirac Fermions Generated by Square Lattices in Layered Compounds, Jin Hu, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, University of Arkansas, 4-5 PM, KEMP 206
- Fri, Sep 28 – BIO: The neural control of coordinated movement: How I learned to stop worrying and love the brain, Curt Anderson, TEMP 003, 4-5 PM
- Fri, Oct 5 – GGP: “Using the ArcGIS Online Cloud-based Mapping and Analysis Solution to Redesign the Geosciences Technical Resource Assessment Tool (GeoSTRAT)”, by Jerry Prewett – Missouri Geological Survey Division Deputy Director, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple Hall 345
UPCOMING EVENTS in October
- State of the University Address at 12:15 PM in PSU Theater – Monday, October 1
- Town Hall Meeting – Medical Plan – 1:30 PM in PSU Theater – Monday, October 1
- AI (Academic Integrity) Days – October 2-4: https://www.missouristate.edu/academicintegrity/
For CNAS 3 Minute Thesis Competition:
Submit your graduate student names to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 8, after confirming that they can attend the CNAS internal competition from 4:00-5:30 PM on Monday, October 15. Gale will contact the students to schedule the competition times. Each department may submit up to five names. All faculty are invited to the competition in Glass Hall 237. Two PowerPoint slides – Each student will provide, ahead of time, one PowerPoint slide (name, graduate program and presentation title), plus one slide to accompany their talk (no animation). Email PowerPoint slides to email@example.com by 11:00 AM on Monday, October 15. Slides will be loaded on the computer in the presentation room in preparation for the afternoon session. Upon completion of all presentations, the judges will determine who will participate in the MSU competition on Friday, October 26 at 6:30 PM in Glass Hall 101. https://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/265901.htm
- Wendy Evans, biology alumnus, works with animals as a veterinarian in the Army.
- Nick Gerasimchuk patented his work in cancer research.
- Biology leadership and staff, undergrads, and grad students presented at annual meeting of the Animal Behavior Society.
- Hospitality Leadership program has been re-accredited. Congratulations to all who made it happen!
- Flu Shot Clinic at Magers is open through Friday, September 28. Like always, shots are FREE with your Bear Pass!
- Professional Science Master’s and associated webpages have been updated. A new brochure is available, too. Contact Dr. Kyoungtae Kim for more information.
- Departments & Programs has been updated to include new CSC certificate programs added recently.
- College Policies has been updated to include our recently adopted goals for 2018-19.
- FYI – All of these CNAS NEWS eblasts are uploaded to the CNAS blog found on Faculty and Staff Resources.
If you find any errors, please contact the dean’s office (David) with edits. Thanks!
SUSTAINABILITY & WATER NEWS
- Tri-State Water Resource Coalition and MSU will hold the TriState Water Conference on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at Darr Ag Center. Click for more information and to register.
CALENDAR – 2018
Oct 6 Fall Showcase, 9:00-2:00, PSU
Oct 9 Carrie’s Café opens!
Oct 11-12 Fall Break – No Classes/Offices Open
Oct 15 CNAS 3-Minute Thesis Competition starting at 4 PM, Glass Hall 237
Oct 17 Hospitality Leadership Career Fair
Oct 18 Emeritus Dinner, PSU Union Club, 5:30-7:30
Oct 19-20 Homecoming
Oct 26 Graduate College 3-minute thesis competition at 5 PM in Meyer Library
Oct 30 TriState Water Coalition Conference –more information and to register
Nov 5 CNAS STEM Career Expo