CNAS is Searching for Two Academic Advisors – Marketing, Recruitment and Retention Specialists
To apply https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/42615 (Close date is Fri, Dec 14)
CNAS Grad Reception Photo Opportunity is Friday, December 14 from 8-9 AM in PSU 317. All are welcome.
Commencement Day instructions for all students (new)–
- Arrive at Hammons Student Center one hour prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
- Students should not bring umbrellas, cameras, purses or any other items with you to either Hammons Student Center or JQH Arena. You are not permitted to carry them in the procession and there will be no place to secure them.
- You are expected to have your cap, gown, and tassel. For security purposes, please do not wear your gown when entering Hammons. You should wear your cap and carry your gown. The Bookstore will be available at Hammons Student Center if you need to purchase your regalia at that time.
- Your mortarboard (cap) should be flat and parallel to the ground with the pointed side in front. It will stay on at all times during the ceremony, including during the National Anthem. Your tassel goes on the left side and will remain there.
Professor Salary Incentive Program (PSIP) applications are due into the Dean’s Office in electronic format by Friday, December 14. Please visit the Office of the Provost website for more information on timeline, application process, and samples of components of past successful applications.
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Day Ligon, our leading turtle researcher, visited Houston, Texas to assess the newly discovered alligator snapping turtles in Buffalo Bayou.
- Cyren Rico and co-PIs acquired new equipment through a research grant proposal from NSF.
- Krista Evans and Planning students won the Missouri Chapter of the American Planning Association 2018 Outstanding Student Project for their work with Billings, Missouri.
SEMINARS in 2019
As you schedule any seminars/lectures/talks for 2019, please submit them to the master calendar.
CALENDAR – 2018
Dec 7-13 Final exam period
Dec 14 Fall Commencement (CNAS is at 10 AM)
Thu, Dec 20 – Wed, Jan 2: Offices closed at MSU – Happy holidays!
Jan 3 All Offices Open
Jan 7 All faculty/TA’s expected to report back to work.
Jan 10 CNAS Leadership Team Retreat 1-5 PM in Temple Hall 156
Jan 14 Spring 2019 Classes start today
Jan 15 CNAS College Council Meeting
Jan 21 MLK Holiday – No Classes/Offices Closed
Jan 26 Elementary Science Olympiad
Jan 26 Presidential Scholarship Interview Day
Feb 12 CNAS College Council Meeting
Feb 18 President’s Day – No Classes/Offices Closed
Feb 23 Regional Science Olympiad (middle/high school)
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break