Smithsonian Exhibit It is open! It is free! It is in Meyer Library room 107. Please go and then send your students.
I learned about biopiracy! The exhibit is here through May 24!
Due Friday, April 5
- Nominations for Faculty/Staff Awards: CNAS Awards Policy
- Abstracts for Graduate College’s Interdisciplinary Forum: Submit abstract online
- Thu, Apr 4 – HL: HL Executive Speaker Series – Chef Jet Tila and Salli Darden, Chartwells Higher Education, 2:00-3:30 PM, PSU Theatre
- Fri, Apr 5 – MTH: Mathematics Colloquium – On Directions and Operators, by Malabika Pramanik, 3-4 PM, Cheek 175
- Fri, Apr 5 – BIO: Mating system evolution in the hairy petunia, by John Heywood, 4-5 PM, Temple 003
- Thu, Apr 11 – CSC: Presentation by Kari Hannah from Karmak, Inc, 11-12 PM, Cheek 205
- Thu, Apr 11 – MTH: Mathematics Colloquium – Some Remarks on the Construction of Designer Kernels and their Applications, by Greg Fasshauer, 3-4 PM, Cheek 175
- Fri, Apr 12 – GGP: American Golgotha: Planning for the Dead, by Carton Basmajian, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fri, Apr 26 – BIO: Genes, B cells, and autoimmunity…from bedside to bench and back again, by John Cambier, 4-5 PM, Temple 003
ABSTRACTS ARE DUE IN APRIL 22
May 3 – CNAS Undergraduate Research Day All deadlines for CNAS Undergraduate Research Day are posted.
- Attend the Asian Heritage Month kickoff celebration on Tuesday, April 2 at the North Mall of PSU from 3-5 p.m.
- African-American Children’s Illustrated Literature exhibit opens on Wednesday, April 3 in Meyer Library 2nd floor. Runs through May 22.
- Asia Fest occurs Friday, April 5 from 5:30-7:30 PM in PSU Ballroom
View all of the events in April for Asian Heritage Month.
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Biology and GGP students attended and presented at the Missouri Natural Resources Conference (MNRC) in February.
- Deb Finn shares her research on glacier effects. Listen to her interview on KSMU.
- The Discovery Center of Springfield celebrated its 20th anniversary in February 2019. Executive Director Rob Blevins spoke to Dave Cornelison on STEM Spots. Listen to the interview and check out the Center’s upcoming summer camps.
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Tu, Apr 9: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145
- Thu, Apr 11: Awards Committee, 9:00-10:00 AM, Temple 145
- Fri, Apr 26: STEM Education Committee, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 156
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
Apr 10 Pummill Relays
Apr 26 CNAS 7th Annual College Picnic hosted by CNAS Diversity Committee – Phelps Grove Park, 5-8 PM
Apr 30 All Faculty Recognition –3:00 PM, PSU Ballroom West
Provost and President will be presenting awards!
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at NOON
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Spring Commencement – CNAS marches at the 1 PM Ceremony
May 18-22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water)
June 10 Summer Session Begins
June 10 SOAR Begins
June 17-21 Coding Camp Week – Discovery Center
June 24-28 STEM Week – Discovery Center
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
Aug 2 Summer Session Ends (Finals)
Aug 12 All Faculty and Graduate Students report to work
Aug 19 Fall Classes Start
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU (Click for past interviews!)
- Follow CNAS NewsWatch
- Follow CNAS on Twitter @CNASatMSU, Instagram CNASatMSU, and/or Facebook CNAS at MSU
(Links are also at the bottom of the CNAS homepage.)