Don’t Forget! Inclusive Learning Event
Dr. Jill Sible, Associate Vice Provost from Virginia Tech is visiting MSU October 29th to discuss Inclusive Learning. There will be a morning seminar and an afternoon workshop.
Bull Shoals Field Station Open House
You’re invited! The Open House is Saturday, November 2nd, 11am to 3pm. There will be tours of the Historic Drury House and Natural History Displays and Hikes! See website for more details.
CNAS Seminars – all are welcome!
PAMS/BIO – 4:00 PM, Thursday, October 31 in Kemper 206, Dr. Rao Khan, Washington University in St. Louis – “Keeping Physics Relevant in Ever-changing Practice of Radiological Medicine”
GGP – 2:30 PM, Friday, November 1 in Temple Hall 002, Dr. Thomas R. Paradise, University of Arkansas – “25 years of Research in Petra, Jordan: the Mysterious Valley of the Crescent Moon”
BIO – 4 PM, Friday, November 1 in Temple Hall 003, Melissa Plankke, University of Kansas – “Reproductive co-evoluation and incipient speciation in the Cabbage White butterfly”
CSC – 12:15 PM, Monday, November 4 in Glass Hall 237, Steve Meyer and George Welling – “Working for the State of Missouri in IT”
Upcoming Due Dates for Faculty
- October 30: Summer Fellowship applications: allow time to obtain dean’s signature. Applicants submit completed applications electronically to GraduateCollege@missouristate.edu
- October 31: Deadline for proposals for Curriculum Innovation Awards
- November 1: Sabbatical Leave applications (original and copies) to Dean’s Office (Gale); Personnel Committee begins review
- November 1: Deadline for nominations for Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award and MAG Nominee
Please remember to make all gifts/pledges by November 8 and join in the celebration luncheon on November 15 from 11:30 am to 1 pm in the PSU Ballroom. See the website for more details.
I have regularly given to United Way because it is a way to support the community in which I live. My pledge card was turned in last week. Tammy
The Career Center will be in Temple Hall near the study pit from 11 am to 2 pm on October 30th to make sure resumes are ready for the CNAS STEM Career Expo in November. See calendar for details.
CNAS STEM Career Expo
The STEM Career Expo is scheduled for November 4th from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Please see flyer for details.
Geography Awareness Week
November 10-16. See flyer for event details.
Additional Information for Faculty
- Nov. 7: Professor Salary Incentive Program (PSIP) support session – 8:30am and 2:30pm in the Provost’s Office, Carrington Hall 209
- Dec. 13: Deadline to turn in PSIP applications to the Dean’s Office (electronic format)
It’s all posted here – https://blogs.missouristate.edu/cnas-newswatch/
Missouri Academy of Science 2020 Annual meeting
MAS annual meeting is April 24-25, 2020 at Missouri Southern State University in Joplin MO. See the flyer for more information. Senior Division is Saturday, April 25. Poster session will be from 9:30-11:00 AM; lunch, meetings and breakout sessions from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM; Oral presentations 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
|Oct 30||CNAS Resume Madness – 11 AM-2 PM|
|Nov 1||University 3-minute thesis competition|
|Nov 1||Mock Interview Day – 9 AM to 3:30 PM – PSU Ballroom West|
|Nov 2||Fall Showcase|
|Nov 3-5||CAEP Accreditation Visit (Education)|
|Nov 4||PSM Advisory Board Meets 11 AM – 2 PM, Glass Hall 486|
|Nov 4||STEM Career Expo 2019, 3-6 PM in PSU Grand Ballroom. All students must attend the session from 3-5 PM in order to interview with companies from 5-6 PM|
|Nov 9||MAKO Math conference|
|Nov 16||Elementary Science Olympiad Competition – Temple/Kemper Halls|
|Nov 27-29||Thanksgiving Holiday, OFFICES CLOSED|
|Dec 5||Last day of classes for semester|
|Dec 7-12||Final Exams|
|Dec 13||Commencement – 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM (CNAS students march at 1:30 PM)|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.