Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
WEDNESDAY – State of the University Address – 12:15-1:15 PM, September 23 via Zoom. Zoom address – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81983332133
CNAS Events and Updates
Faculty Research Grants – Deadline for submission is October 1st.
Summer Faculty Fellowships – Deadline for submission is October 30th.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, September 25 in Temple 002, “Can Agriculture Survive when the Suburbs Thrive?” by Dr. Dawn Drake, Missouri Western State University
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, September 24 via Zoom, “Do They Care, and Does It Matter? An Analysis of Learning Goals and Perceived Relevance of Introductory Physics to Life Science Majors” Dr. Andrew Mason – University of Central Arkansas
- CSC – 12:30-1:30 PM, Thursday, September 24 via Zoom, An hour with Rob Zelinka – CIO of Jack Henry & Associates
Recent news from the college:
- Changing values, changing results
- (Bio)sensing the body’s demands
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
- If you would like to see an article about you and/or one of your students or even a group of students – here’s what we are looking for! Submit the information to either your department head or the dean’s office. Faculty publications, faculty grants (typically we wait until you have some results to share along with just getting the grant), faculty and students attending/presenting at a conference – typically we do one article with all presenters and titles of presentation along with some basic information about the conference, student research (undergraduate or graduate) – please recommend students who have accomplished something great in the lab or won an award or gained admission to a graduate/professional program or who started at awesome job after graduation. We have also asked University Communications to write articles based on seminar speakers, especially if they are alumni but that is not required. One other idea for publication is a class project, a unique class field trip or something else unique about the class that is being taught.
Carrie’s Cafe is now open for take-out-orders only. Support our students by placing your order.
Campus Events and Updates
Please take part in the 2020 Sustainability Culture Survey (should only take 5 minutes).
Flu Shots/Biometrics – Don’t forget to visit your “My Health Portal” and make an appointment to get your flu shot! If you want to save $30 a month on your medical insurance you need to either get a flu shot, or complete a biometrics appointment.
Covid Tests – The weekly testing schedule will be updated each Friday for the following week. – https://www.missouristate.edu/Coronavirus/asymptomatic-testing.htm
Know an individual who might be a good candidate for an MSU Honorary Doctoral Degree?
- Deadline for submissions is Sept 30
- If there are any questions please reach out to Tom Tomasi (Chair, Honorary Degree Committee) – TomTomasi@MissouriState.edu
The Power of Voice – Public Affairs Conference. September 29 – October 1, 2020 see attached information. Full conference schedule.
Not sure what sessions to attend at the Public Affairs Conference? The CNAS members on the public affairs conference committee have recommendations!
- Death of the Experts – September 30, 11:15 AM – 12:05 PM
- Even in Science, Representation Matters – September 30, 1:25 PM – 2:15 PM
- A Voice for Mental Health in Education – September 30, 3:35 PM – 4:25 PM
|Sept 24||Majors Fair – https://www.missouristate.edu/advising/majors-fair.htm|
|Sept 30||NSF MRI preproposals are due. Contact your department head for more information.|
|Sept 30||Faculty applicants submit T&P dossier to department heads – external reviews due for inclusion in the dossier|
|Sept 29 – Oct 1||Public Affairs Conference – All sessions virtual|
|Oct 17||MSU Homecoming|
|Oct 18||Spring/Summer Commencement – CNAS at 10 a.m.|
|Nov 10||CNAS Career Expo – Virtual|
|Nov 12-16||CNAS Undergraduate Research Day – Virtual|
|Dec 3||Last day of classes for fall semester|
|Dec 5-10||Final Exam Period|
|Dec 11||Fall Commencement|