Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
The Power of Voice – Public Affairs Conference is this week – September 29 – October 1, 2020. Full conference schedule.
Not sure what sessions to attend at the Public Affairs Conference? The CNAS members on the public affairs conference committee have recommendations!
Please plan to attend at least one session and encourage your students to do the same. I look forward to seeing each of you on the zoom screen during the conference!
- Death of the Experts – September 30, 11:15 AM – 12:05 PM
- Even in Science, Representation Matters – September 30, 1:25 PM – 2:15 PM
- A Voice for Mental Health in Education – September 30, 3:35 PM – 4:25 PM
CNAS Events and Updates
Faculty Research Grants – Deadline for submission is October 1st.
Summer Faculty Fellowships – Deadline for submission is October 30th.
- CHM 3:30-4:30 PM seminar via Zoom – Patrick Desrochers, University of Central Arkansas. For more information contact Dr. Nick Gerasimchuk
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, October 1 via Zoom, “Exploring the Potential of Concentrated Point Defects: Their Role in Mass Transport, Microstructural Evolution and Material Functionality” by Dr. Jessica Krogstad, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, October 2 in Temple 002, Dr. Tandis Bidgoli, University of Missouri Columbia – Geology
Recent news from the college:
- Doug Neidigh (sustainability coordinator) and Sanjay Tewari (civil engineering faculty member are co-PI’s on an EPA grant.
- Diversity initiatives of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Carrie’s Cafe is now open for take-out-orders only. Support our students by placing your order.
Campus Events and Updates
Facing Racism Institute – October 1 and 2, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. There is an $350 admission fee for MSU employees.
The next issue of the Globally Responsive Education and Teaching series is available. Dr. Wenping Qiu discusses his experience teaching a course in cooperation with Southwest University in China.
Flu Shots/Biometrics – Don’t forget to visit your “My Health Portal” and make an appointment to get your flu shot! If you want to save $30 a month on your medical insurance you need to either get a flu shot, or complete a biometrics appointment.
Covid Tests – The weekly testing schedule will be updated each Friday for the following week. – https://www.missouristate.edu/Coronavirus/asymptomatic-testing.htm
Know an individual who might be a good candidate for an MSU Honorary Doctoral Degree?
- Deadline for submissions is Sept 30
- If there are any questions please reach out to Tom Tomasi (Chair, Honorary Degree Committee) – TomTomasi@MissouriState.edu
|Sept 30||NSF MRI preproposals are due. Contact your department head for more information.|
|Sept 30||Faculty applicants submit T&P dossier to department heads – external reviews due for inclusion in the dossier|
|Sept 29 – Oct 1||Public Affairs Conference – All sessions virtual|
|Oct 17||MSU Homecoming|
|Oct 18||Spring/Summer Commencement – CNAS at 10 a.m.|
|Nov 10||CNAS Career Expo – Virtual|
|Nov 12-16||CNAS Undergraduate Research Day – Virtual|
|Dec 3||Last day of classes for fall semester|
|Dec 5-10||Final Exam Period|
|Dec 11||Fall Commencement|