Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
- CHM – 3:30-4:30 PM, Wednesday, October 28 via Zoom – Benjamin Wylie, Texas Tech University. For more information contact Dr. Nik Gerasimchuk
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, October 30 in Temple 002. Alumnus Larry “Boot” Pierce, MO Department of Natural Resources, with present on Earthquake Science and the impacts of a major earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone.
- MTH – 3:00-4:00 PM, Tuesday, November 3 via Zoom. Dr. Andrew Swift, University of Oklahoma.
- CHM – 3:30-4:30 PM, Wednesday, November 4 via Zoom – Nate Schultheiss, Purdue University. For more information contact Dr. Nik Gerasimchuk
It’s the last week to order lunch from Carrie’s this semester. Carrie’s Cafe for take-out-orders only through October 29. Support our students by placing your order.
Due this week –
- Summer Faculty Fellowships – Deadline for submission is October 30th.
- Curriculum Innovation Call for Proposals will close Oct 31.
- Curriculum Innovation Mini Grants provide awards limits of $1,200 for the purchase of instructional tools and assistance from the FCTL adopting the new tool.
CNAS will hold its annual CNAS-STEM Career Fair virtually this year on Tuesday November 10th from 11am to 5pm, and it will be hosted by Handshake, a platform that will provide video, audio and chat for students connect to the fair through their mobile device app or browser. We have launched the “Prepare for the Virtual CNAS Career Fair” course on Blackboard, where students can register for the fair, sign up for one-on-one and group sessions, upload their resumes, and more! Please encourage your students to participate in this event! (Hospitality Leadership recently had a successful virtual career fair and we are looking forward to hosting this for our STEM students.) This event is organized in partnership with the Career Center and the STEM-Living Learning Community. For more information, please contact Gary Stafford in the Career Center at GStafford@MissouriState.edu or at 417 836 5636
The CNAS Virtual Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held from November 12-16. Please see the Call for presentations to CNAS Virtual Symposium 2020 . All CNAS undergraduates are invited to submit! Please see the attached call for presentations as well as instructions for presenters.
CNAS Events and Updates
PSIP Applications are due December 11. There are 2 workshops for more information at the dates/times below.
If you cannot attend the information sessions – go to the PSIP web page and click on the link on the “Fall 2020 Orientation Session Video.” Sign in and view the video.
Recent news from the college:
- Congratulations to the Biology department
- Celebrate the Earth and its science
- Getting to the root to grow understanding
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Campus Events and Updates
Advising Basics Workshop, Monday, Dec. 14 from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in Karls Hall 101 – registration required
Master Advisor Workshop, Monday, Dec. 14 from 1-5 p.m. AND Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in Karls Hall 101 – registration required
Fall 2020 Advisor Forum sessions – there are still 2 sessions left in the fall if you are interested in attending.
Voting by mail/have an absentee ballot and need a notary? Notary services are being provided in PSU 309 – 10/27, 10/28 and 10/29. You will need to bring both your ID and ballot.
If you plan to vote in person remember Election Day is Tuesday November 3. Do your part and remember to go vote!
- FCTL Teaching with Zoom Virtual sessions
- Tuesday, October 27th 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 28th 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 6th 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 16th 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Register through My Learning Connection or contact the FCTL for more information.
|Nov 10||CNAS Career Expo – Virtual|
|Nov 12-16||CNAS Undergraduate Research Day – Virtual|
|Dec 3||Last day of classes for fall semester|
|Dec 5-10||Final Exam Period|
|Dec 11||Fall Commencement|